Calling Cards of Morons

On 23/04/2019 at 23:07, Zen Archer said:

What is Welsh for a not very good football player?

Llgymyclwlnwpyyyllllllllllwyd.

Just throw some random hard consonants together, add in a few Ys (do NOT use vowels) and call it a word. I strongly suspect the Welsh language is just a private joke at the rest of the world's expense.

Guest Moomintroll

Bugger trying to speak Welsh, but it is really easy for us to pronounce placenames, the 'ch' pronunciation is how you say Ll, when I first moved down to work in Aberystwyth, people were amazed that I could say Machynlleth & Llangollen properly but it seemed natural for me to say it that way in my usual accent.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Misjudging the distance between their car window and the ticket machine at car park barriers meaning they have to get out of their car to put the ticket in.

Always funny to watch though, especially the ones who refuse to admit defeat and get out the car

Following on from the Rangers and The Queen chat from a page or two back, I have a mate who’s unfortunately a Rangers fan. He went to the Player of the Year Awards Night a few weeks ago and said they had an ex-player go up for a “toast to The Queen” in which they went up, held aloft a drink and said “The Queen... God bless her!” before sauntering back off to the cheering crowd.

This was at the official club POTY event

29 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Following on from the Rangers and The Queen chat from a page or two back, I have a mate who’s unfortunately a Rangers fan. He went to the Player of the Year Awards Night a few weeks ago and said they had an ex-player go up for a “toast to The Queen” in which they went up, held aloft a drink and said “The Queen... God bless her!” before sauntering back off to the cheering crowd.

Excellent.  Sorry I missed it.

36 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Don't see how you found this remarkable. The 'Rangers' philosophy is fairly well known.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Don't see how you found this remarkable. The 'Rangers' philosophy is fairly well known.

Nothing remarkable, but was slightly surprised they’d have that sort of thing at a an official event. Definitely fitting for the thread though.

36 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Nothing remarkable, but was slightly surprised they’d have that sort of thing at a an official event. Definitely fitting for the thread though.

"I was so slightly surprised to hear from a bloke in the pub that there was a toast to Her Maj in Britain that I posted it on P&B".

Great stuff.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Guest Moomintroll
The 4 digits on the shirts...
Is it a numerical anagram, or just a complete 'coincidence'
Jimmy Bell is the kitman, what do you think?

33 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

It's very deliberate to have shirts lined up as 9, 6, 10.  Those numbers would never be found in that sequence in a dressing room anywhere else in the world.

5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
33 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Jimmy Bell is the kitman, what do you think?

Tragic that you know that.

1 minute ago, Adam101 said:

Rangers fans: Mon the Queen

Her Majesties Revenue and Customs: We will kill your club if you don't pay to keep a roof above Lizzies roof

Rangers fans: ok

Rangers fan: Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
Diddy:  Ooops