Calling Cards of Morons

When I came back to Scotland I listened to Sportsound Open Mics, which demonstrated that many Scots can't pronounce foreign names. Not that that's a big deal. I've noticed many Africans pronounce my name as Jammy and no matter how hard they try can't seem to say Jamie.

8 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

When I came back to Scotland I listened to Sportsound Open Mics, which demonstrated that many Scots can't pronounce foreign names. Not that that's a big deal. I've noticed many Africans pronounce my name as Jammy and no matter how hard they try can't seem to say Jamie.

I thought it was Lee.

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

They're probably doing it with the good intention of showing just how widely respected he was across the board and suggesting that petty grievances shouldn't get in the way of appreciation.  That and you can't help admire a local guy lifting the European Cup when your own club of a similar size across the city has only ever lifted a Challenge Cup with a group of worldwide-sourced mercenaries.

However, all that this highlights is an underlying mentality that there should be some form of background animosity at a personal level, this being based around nothing other than association with a very similar neighbouring club in Judean People's Front fashion.  It's therefore no surprise that many of these folk also do the same with different branches of the same religion.  Morons.

If you really want to join the PFJ, you'd need to really hate the Romans.

I do.

Oh yeah, how much?

A lot.

Right, you're in.

Rangers died and Celtic laughed at them.

1 hour ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

The ones that jump straight to mind:

Rogitch vs Rodge-ick

Taver-neer (BBC Scotland) vs Tav-ern-ee-ay (BBC England)

... and worst of all, because you can't get less foreign:

Mickenna vs Mackenna

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

When I came back to Scotland I listened to Sportsound Open Mics, which demonstrated that many Scots can't pronounce foreign names.

Just because Alan Preston and Derek Ferguson are thick as fucking shit doesn't mean we should all be bracketed in that manner  

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

People who work in the Health and Social Care sector, (specifically Mental Health) who when out with a patient/client/service user don't put their badge away. Always annoys me.

We're instructed by the Care Inspectorate to always wear our ID badge.  Not something I personally agree with and despite a previous warning, I very seldom wear my badge but understand why others do.

A slightly more niche one is you still hear people refer to Owain Tudur Jones as 'Owen Tudor Jones'.  The real pronunciation isn't even close.
If people are going to bowl up with names like that, they can't be surprised if the rest of the world can't pronounce them. Having Jones as the surname is taking the piss as well.