Calling Cards of Morons

Just now, Moomintroll said:
8 minutes ago, Kuro said:
Nowt right with her either.  Wealth and privelege by accident of birth has no place in the 21st century.

You can say that about a lot of people to be fair, it's not right but it's the lottery of life & I don't think she has done anything objectionable through her time.

Her existence is hugely objectionable.  Whether she's a nice old biddy or not I couldn't give the slightest fk.  Its abhorrent. 

Guest Moomintroll
Her existence is hugely objectionable.  Whether she's a nice old biddy or not I couldn't give the slightest fk.  Its abhorrent. 
You cannot blame someone simply due to an accident of birth. You can, however, blame someone for continually creating new accounts on a Scottish Football Forum after being emptied for being an objectionable, aggressive dick. Just my opinion, mind.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
7 minutes ago, Kuro said:

You cannot blame someone simply due to an accident of birth. You can, however, blame someone for continually creating new accounts on a Scottish Football Forum after being emptied for being an objectionable, aggressive dick. Just my opinion, mind.

I'm not blaming her, I'm saying to even have a Queen in this day and age is laughable.  She should have been working for a living and contributing to society instead of being the biggest benefit scrounger in the history of mankind.  

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

If you're going to name something you'll be working on and investing millions of pounds into for years, then for the love of Christ, ask somebody outside of London how the thing's pronounced first.  

The worst I remember in recent times was Ian Banks (the sadly missed author) reporting that a London PR company had put up posters in the London Underground escalators for one of the Islay whiskies (Laphroaig?)

The strapline was "Islay for less outlay"

It only makes sense if you pronounce Islay as 'ile-ay' instead of 'ile-ah'. Ignorant c**ts.

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
8 minutes ago, Kuro said:

What.....??

People get banned and come back with new accounts and usernames???:unsure2:

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Huh, the teach yourself gaelic lady must be wrong. One up attempt withdrawn.

You may be right, but I've honestly never heard "ee-lah". Maybe they use the "ile-ah" pronunciation when they hear my east coast accent. 

Mrs Gilp (she's an archivist) tells me that Boswell & Johnson used "ila" (ee-lah). However, I'm not interested in admitting them as a source!

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

The one that always got me was remember that English nannie in the USA who was on trial about 20 years ago for killing a baby called Louise Woodward, and the newsreaders all sounded like they were calling her Louise Woodwood

Reminds me of the actor, Edwood Woodwood.

10 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

I would disagree. The island is usually 'ile-ah' 

No, that's just a common prefix for other islands.

See: Skye, Man, Mull & May. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

I find English people are in general terrible at pronouncing Johnny Foreigner words and names. I'm not sure if this is because growing up with an English accent somehow limits the flexibility of their voice box or if it's just an innate refusal to lower themselves to do so.

Our church is supporting a number of Iranian refugees who are constantly amazed that I can pronounce their language reasonably correctly when I'm surrounded by English people who can't.

1 minute ago, nsr said:

I find English people are in general terrible at pronouncing Johnny Foreigner words and names. I'm not sure if this is because growing up with an English accent somehow limits the flexibility of their voice box or if it's just an innate refusal to lower themselves to do so.

Our church is supporting a number of Iranian refugees who are constantly amazed that I can pronounce their language reasonably correctly when I'm surrounded by English people who can't.

I lived in England for years and never picked up on this.

“rip from a rangers fan”
“I’m a rangers fan but.....”
“As a rangers fan”

Some of the shite I’ve seen on social media this morning regarding Billy McNeils death, but why mention it at all. It would be the exact same if the clubs were reversed.

“rip from a rangers fan”
“As a rangers fan”

Some of the shite I’ve seen on social media this morning regarding Billy McNeils death, but why mention it at all. It would be the exact same if the clubs were reversed.

It is setting a remarkably low bar for yourself and fellow supporters as human beings isn’t it.

“As a rangers fan, you might expect me to celebrate the death of a Scottish football legend based on his affiliations with Celtic, but I would like to state that I am not a complete Neanderthal”

Ironically though it is exactly how it comes across

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

“rip from a rangers fan”
“As a rangers fan”

They're probably doing it with the good intention of showing just how widely respected he was across the board and suggesting that petty grievances shouldn't get in the way of appreciation.  That and you can't help admire a local guy lifting the European Cup when your own club of a similar size across the city has only ever lifted a Challenge Cup with a group of worldwide-sourced mercenaries.

However, all that this highlights is an underlying mentality that there should be some form of background animosity at a personal level, this being based around nothing other than association with a very similar neighbouring club in Judean People's Front fashion.  It's therefore no surprise that many of these folk also do the same with different branches of the same religion.  Morons.

If you really want to join the PFJ, you'd need to really hate the Romans.

I do.

Oh yeah, how much?

A lot.

Right, you're in.

Edited by Hedgecutter

4 minutes ago, RGV said:

I once overheard someone actually saying 'LOL'.

Death penalty. No trial, straight to execution.

Yep. I also heard some twat tell his mate "I'm going for a pish. Beearrbee."

Something something, skin scoured off, something something, rubbed in salt, something something.

5 hours ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

I lived in England for years and never picked up on this.

When I worked dahn sarf the Dutch guy in the office was only called by his first name as his surname had a hard ch sound so they didn't bother trying to say it. He was amazed that I could pronounce it properly.