Calling Cards of Morons

On 22/03/2019 at 10:24, Hillonearth said:

I can vouch for that – we regularly have punters like that getting in touch asking for trials. Even at the lower levels of the non-league game, teams are looking at recruiting punters with previous non-league experience, ex-pro youth or higher level U21 players, or guys who have amateur experience at a decent level. Recent experience…

“I’m 38 years old and haven’t played for two or three years, but my pals think I’m a standout at the fives…”

Beat it and join a gym you cheap c**t.

I know the sorts and they look so out of place. 

When you are playing at Junior level it brings an appreciation of how good professionals are. When you draw a good West region side in the Scottish and you get beat by a few goals and you realise how much these guys are better than you and in turn how much better professionals are than these guys it brings a great perspective as to just how good you have to be which is often forgotten. 

2 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

I know the sorts and they look so out of place. 

When you are playing at Junior level it brings an appreciation of how good professionals are. When you draw a good West region side in the Scottish and you get beat by a few goals and you realise how much these guys are better than you and in turn how much better professionals are than these guys it brings a great perspective as to just how good you have to be which is often forgotten. 

Then you see the National side playing and you start to feel good about your own abilities again. :)

Comme petit déjuner, je voudrais...

Mushrooms

Toast

Haggis

Black pudding

Croissants

Melon

Toast (left to go cold, served in a rack, plenty of butter)

Beans

Fried eggs

Scrambled eggs

Bacon (very well done but not crispy)

Tattie scones

Cranberry juice

Black coffee

No sauce, no sausage 

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
44 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:
I hate full cooked breakfasts. They are a culinary abomination, and morons adore them without fail.

A good one is good but tbh I prefer a couple of rolls to the full plateful these days.

I'm actually totally fine with a breakfast roll but a whole plate of that stuff is just a bit gross.

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Comme petit déjuner, je voudrais...

Mushrooms

Toast

Haggis

Black pudding

Croissants

Melon

Toast (left to go cold, served in a rack, plenty of butter)

Beans

Fried eggs

Scrambled eggs

Bacon (very well done but not crispy)

Tattie scones

Cranberry juice

Black coffee

No sauce, no sausage 

Petit? After that lot you'll just have time for a brisk ten minute walk before lunch.

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Oh the old eggs benedict trope, eh?  Nothing like an original post...

Ah the old "trope" trope eh?  What were you saying about original posts?

The finest cooked breakfasts are the weird hybrid buffets in Malaysian hotels, with halal substitutes. 

I've had mee goreng with chicken frankfurters, beef bacon, chicken rendang and an omelette cooked to order. Followed by a bowl of rice porridge with ikan bilis (crunchy anchovies). 

Not very traditional. But you can stick your traditions up your arse. 

No beans on a traditional cooked breakfast. Places like Little Chef made it modern fad, jeezus you’ll be piling the chips on next![emoji47]
Is that more an English (maybe London) thing. Dont recall ever being offered chips in Scotland but in a few cafes in London it was part of the cooked breakfast.

Is that more an English (maybe London) thing. Dont recall ever being offered chips in Scotland but in a few cafes in London it was part of the cooked breakfast.

Yep, London definitely, and the brass neck to poke fun at an unhealthy diet in Scotland[emoji23]. Chips with your breakfast!!?? [emoji47]

14 hours ago, chink said:

down here its the ones who have no knowledge of fuckall  but  continue to say how England won the war and how we'd all be speaking German if it wasn't for the English  blah blah blah and then there's the scots  or Irish who are unashamedly Anti English but live south of the border with an English wife and English children and who are forever on social media  talking about indefuckingpendance 

I honestly thought you were talking about breakfasts. 

You're averaging just over one post per year at the moment btw. That's quite some taciturnity!