Calling Cards of Morons

People from Birmingham seem to do it a lot. I'm not sure if they always have or if they've picked it up from Americans. They tend to pronounce it "Moom" so they really ought to spell it like that too.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I have a Facebook friend who has 'works at: full time mummy" &' studied at: university of life'. 

I know quite a few who claim to have been at the university of live - most give the impression that they failed all the exams though.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I have a Facebook friend who has 'works at: full time mummy" &' studied at: university of life'. 

She's on ignore but stay friends mode after she (funnily enough) outed herself as a moron one time too many.  A quick look at her timeline is like walking into the Top 5's Facebook thread. 

Why not just delete her?

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Not just that but they also think that all former players have warm feelings towards the club and often think that this means the club have ‘links’ with this player if they go in to management.

By much the same token, there seem to be people who think that players who have played for a club - usually a massive club - are fans of that club forevermore.  A good example is Terry Butcher with Rangers.  First of all, he last played for Rangers nearly 30 years ago (and gave them a right panning in his autobiography), isn't Glaswegian let alone Scottish and is in-fact extremely English and is a well known lifelong fan of Ipswich Town.  Speak to some people though and they're convinced he's a massive Rangers man.

Edited by Highland Capital

31 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

By much the same token, there seem to be people who think that players who have played for a club - usually a massive club - are fans of that club forevermore.  A good example is Terry Butcher with Rangers.  First of all, he last played for Rangers nearly 30 years ago (and gave them a right panning in his autobiography), isn't Glaswegian let alone Scottish and is in-fact extremely English and is a well known lifelong fan of Ipswich Town.  Speak to some people though and they're convinced he's a massive Rangers man.

Yep, they seem to believe that every player who has ever played for them is like Nacho Novo; a thick idiot who was caught up in the WATP pish and is a 'bear' for life.

Most Rangers players, like players of every other club on the planet, don't actually care for the club they play for, and certainly aren't supporters.

Always found that Butcher seems to be far happier taking about Caley than Rangers.

Edited by Comrie

10 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Didn't butcher come out a few years back and admit that he got a bit caught up in it all without fully understanding it when he was a player and is quite ashamed looking back at it all?

Aye, he did. If you believe that he "didn't understand it at the time" then you're in the right thread. 

56 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Always found that Butcher seems to be far happier taking about Caley than Rangers.

Again though, that goes back to one of my earlier posts on this thread.  Butcher probably did love living up here and his time at the club yet he really did use that for browny points with the fans and the media.  Of course, when the Hibs job came up he was down the A9 faster than you can spell I-C-T.

49 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Didn't butcher come out a few years back and admit that he got a bit caught up in it all without fully understanding it when he was a player and is quite ashamed looking back at it all?

It years since I read his book but he did say something like that and gave Rangers a proper pasting afterwards.  Some Rangers fans didn't take too kindly to what he wrote as I recall.

It years since I read his book but he did say something like that and gave Rangers a proper pasting afterwards.  Some Rangers fans didn't take too kindly to what he wrote as I recall.

I’m not sure they take kindly to much to be honest.

2 hours ago, Dele said:

Aye, he did. If you believe that he "didn't understand it at the time" then you're in the right thread. 

I can only assume that you are a young person?

It is very possible to gain an understanding of things as you age. 

Knowing the factual basis of something is very different from understanding it. 

That said, I always assumed he was a c(_)nt and have no reason to change my mind on that.