Calling Cards of Morons

55 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It'd be interesting to see where the rubbish you see strewn about comes from.  I think a lot of public litter bins aren't emptied enough so overflow and you get litter being blown about.  There's also a lot of people who just dump stuff, sadly.

When we had our new bathroom installed a few years ago the plumber paid a 'rubbish guy' to take away all the discarded old bathroom fittings that he' ripped out - an old shower, toilet, flooring, the lot.  We also threw out a cabinet and a few other bits of pieces.  The guy came and picked it up at night, I never saw him, he just took it.  A few months later I got a visit from environmental services - they'd found all of it dumped on a street near Meadowbank, which is the other side of town from us.  Some of the rubbish was packaging for a couple of new fittings that had our address on it which is how they'd traced us.  I passed on the information of the plumber who'd hired the rubbish guy (it was his first time using this particular uplift man) but what a scummy thing to do, just dumping an old toilet in someone's street.  He'd have saved about £10 or whatever the council charge to dispose of a van load of rubbish in a dump. 

I know a man with a van who has all the proper permits for doing this job properly.

He's forever moaning about the folk who do the job for Buttons because these guys just fly tip

I'm sure he said it's £40 For a permit per tip in Falkirk.

I can't tell but surely you aren't being serious?

I assumed Gav meant keeping litter picking, cleaning graffiti etc as community service...which I believe is the case currently. Rather than making unemployed people do it.
If I was unemployed, would I rather sit in the house and apply for jobs I desperately want/need or would I go out and pick up rubbish for no pay? Aye, a real tough one.

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I assumed Gav meant keeping litter picking, cleaning graffiti etc as community service...which I believe is the case currently. Rather than making unemployed people do it.
If I was unemployed, would I rather sit in the house and apply for jobs I desperately want/need or would I go out and pick up rubbish for no pay? Aye, a real tough one.

If so then I agree with him.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I can't tell but surely you aren't being serious?

4 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I did mean that thank you.

I already know that our local community service guys do various tidy up projects for older/disabled and vulnerable people. 

You basically apply for them to do jobs you're unable to.

Seems obvious with the council cutting back on various jobs like litter picking to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and have these guys collecting rubbish, removing graffiti, fixing fences, cutting back hedges etc

5 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Aye, that's exactly what community service is although I believe it's referred to as Community Payback these days. 

I had it when I was a stupid boy. Painting a school every Saturday for 8 hours until the 240 hours was served was soul destroying. Myself and a few of the other guys would genuinely rather have had custodial sentences as it would have been over and done with sooner. Probably wouldn't have been saying that if we had actually got the jail right enough. 

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Aye, that's exactly what community service is although I believe it's referred to as Community Payback these days. 

I had it when I was a stupid boy. Painting a school every Saturday for 8 hours until the 240 hours was served was soul destroying. Myself and a few of the other guys would genuinely rather have had custodial sentences as it would have been over and done with sooner. Probably wouldn't have been saying that if we had actually got the jail right enough. 

Did you feel rehabilitated after?

6 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Did you feel rehabilitated after?

It worked as a great deterrent as I sure as f**k didn't want to go through that again. 

For the avoidance of doubt it was a ridiculous, victimless crime. 

Just now, Dee Man said:

It worked as a great deterrent as I sure as f**k didn't want to go through that again. 

For the avoidance of doubt it was a ridiculous, victimless crime. 

Although it meant many ruined Saturdays I assume you would agree this was a brilliant deterrent?

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

What did you do @Dee Man?

Sorry Adam, but I've been on this site for too long to know that the slightest thing can be used as a stick to beat you with and for that reason I shall refrain from divulging my mass killing spree. 

I can assure you though, it was nothing particularly interesting. 

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Sorry Adam, but I've been on this site for too long to know that the slightest thing can be used as a stick to beat you with and for that reason I shall refrain from divulging my mass killing spree. 

I can assure you though, it was nothing particularly interesting. 

Robbed your Granny IMO.

9 minutes ago, Adam said:

How did you manage to secure residency in Australia with not only a criminal record, but a exclusion order?!

Need to help increase the country’s IQ and his kids will help improve the gene pool.

How did you manage to secure residency in Australia with not only a criminal record, but a exclusion order?!

I believe they’re part of the commonwealth and as such will do as they’re fuckin felt. If that means accepting our off casts in to their communities then so be it.