Calling Cards of Morons

Don’t need to go to many places to realise that a lot of Britain is absolute shite.
Was in the Netherlands just before Christmas. Every town I visited was clean and tidy, and there was a noticeable absence of fat, sullen people. Two steps off the bus in Glasgow and a guy's up chinning me for money. Beggars lying in the rain amongst all the rubbish.

My heart sank at how much my city is becoming worse after a few years of getting its act together.

18 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Was in the Netherlands just before Christmas. Every town I visited was clean and tidy, and there was a noticeable absence of fat, sullen people. Two steps off the bus in Glasgow and a guy's up chinning me for money. Beggars lying in the rain amongst all the rubbish.

My heart sank at how much my city is becoming worse after a few years of getting its act together.

Was walking the wee man round my bit over the weekend and seeing rubbish everywhere just made my heart sink.

What is it with people who are happy to just throw litter everywhere. Absolute c***s who weren't brought up but dragged up

I had 4 hours in Birmingham airport on the way back from nice a few years ago.

I know nice is probably an idealistic version of Europe as a whole but going from there to the Wetherspoons in Birmingham airport and the clientele there was fucking grim.

So many selfish morons who just throw litter and rubbish away now and also people who leave their house or garden in a state. It’s just laziness and deserves a kick in the pie.

Parked near starks park on Saturday and that area is just full of beer bottles and rubbish just left lying. I get that people are struggling but there’s no need. It’s pretty sad that the general quality of the streets all over is falling back due to a combination of the local authorities being skint and people being selfish p***ks.

There shouldn’t be anyone unemployed when the streets, parks and town centres are a total mess. It really pisses me off how lazy and fucked up people are in the uk.

Edited by D.A.F.C

9 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Britain is largely a dump.
All the money is kept in London. The rest of the country is left to fight it for the scraps and it shows.

It’s not even worth going to anywhere in England apart from London.

Yeah, London is beautiful with not a single grim estate and  unbelievably low crime figures.

one thing that used to make me cringe when i was young, yet still deserves its place in here is something my dad did regularly when on holiday in a restaurant.

some young tidy would show us to a table, the menu would be read and she would return for our order. this would trigger my arsehole father into arsehole mode and he would order everyones food in english but putting on a french accent.

it was embarrassing as f**k. he is also the c**t that has to taste the fucking house wine and ask when and where the fish was caught. made no difference to the c**t but always tries to be pretentious.

this post could have gone in a number of threads!

My dad was fucking horrendous in public and would do all that corny shit too.

If a barman dropped a glass, he'd be the first to shout WHAAAAY.

If he was asked for sugar in his tea at home by a visiting nurse, hoem help or whomever, it'd be the I'm sweet enough line. Fucking embarrassing stuff, almost gives me dark thoughts about him being gone.

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

So many selfish morons who just throw litter and rubbish away now and also people who leave their house or garden in a state. It’s just laziness and deserves a kick in the pie.

Parked near starks park on Saturday and that area is just full of beer bottles and rubbish just left lying. I get that people are struggling but there’s no need. It’s pretty sad that the general quality of the streets all over is falling back due to a combination of the local authorities being skint and people being selfish p***ks.

There shouldn’t be anyone unemployed when the streets, parks and town centres are a total mess. It really pisses me off how lazy and fucked up people are in the uk.

Are you saying that the unemployed should be made to pick up litter?

Anyway, I too hate folk littering. Scumbag behaviour. The worst are the smokers who think it's perfect acceptable to just chuck their finished cigarettes on the ground. They seem to think it's some sort of privilege they're entitled to. 

Come and visit me mate, i live in the wild west of Amsterdam, we got fatties and litter everywhere.
For the most part your post is correct but there are shitty parts over here as well.

Anyway, I too hate folk littering. Scumbag behaviour. The worst are the smokers who think it's perfect acceptable to just chuck their finished cigarettes on the ground. They seem to think it's some sort of privilege they're entitled to. 
No just that there's jobs there if needed. Volunteers maybe? Has to be better than sitting about? Especially in the summer.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd mostly go with community service.

Get them into all the worst areas of our towns to trim back overgrown hedges and collect litter. General tidying up of eyesores.

It'd be interesting to see where the rubbish you see strewn about comes from.  I think a lot of public litter bins aren't emptied enough so overflow and you get litter being blown about.  There's also a lot of people who just dump stuff, sadly.

When we had our new bathroom installed a few years ago the plumber paid a 'rubbish guy' to take away all the discarded old bathroom fittings that he' ripped out - an old shower, toilet, flooring, the lot.  We also threw out a cabinet and a few other bits of pieces.  The guy came and picked it up at night, I never saw him, he just took it.  A few months later I got a visit from environmental services - they'd found all of it dumped on a street near Meadowbank, which is the other side of town from us.  Some of the rubbish was packaging for a couple of new fittings that had our address on it which is how they'd traced us.  I passed on the information of the plumber who'd hired the rubbish guy (it was his first time using this particular uplift man) but what a scummy thing to do, just dumping an old toilet in someone's street.  He'd have saved about £10 or whatever the council charge to dispose of a van load of rubbish in a dump. 

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It'd be interesting to see where the rubbish you see strewn about comes from.  I think a lot of public litter bins aren't emptied enough so overflow and you get litter being blown about.  There's also a lot of people who just dump stuff, sadly.

When we had our new bathroom installed a few years ago the plumber paid a 'rubbish guy' to take away all the discarded old bathroom fittings that he' ripped out - an old shower, toilet, flooring, the lot.  We also threw out a cabinet and a few other bits of pieces.  The guy came and picked it up at night, I never saw him, he just took it.  A few months later I got a visit from environmental services - they'd found all of it dumped on a street near Meadowbank, which is the other side of town from us.  Some of the rubbish was packaging for a couple of new fittings that had our address on it which is how they'd traced us.  I passed on the information of the plumber who'd hired the rubbish guy (it was his first time using this particular uplift man) but what a scummy thing to do, just dumping an old toilet in someone's street.  He'd have saved about £10 or whatever the council charge to dispose of a van load of rubbish in a dump. 

I'm glad this had a happy ending. It's always good to hear of fly-tippers getting caught. 

Having said that, a toilet suite dumped in most streets in South Lanarkshire would probably increase the median property value. 

On 20/01/2019 at 09:24, Unleash The Nade said:

People who don’t take sugar in their tea or coffee and tell you, “ They’re sweet enough without it “

Yes.

That said, I distrust anyone who takes milk or sugar in tea or coffee. It's wean behaviour. 

10 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Britain is largely a dump.
All the money is kept in London. The rest of the country is left to fight it for the scraps and it shows.

It’s not even worth going to anywhere in England apart from London.

Do f**k off. London is a fuckin overpriced toilet. 

34 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The council have recently upgraded the public bins on my street. We've gone from having 4 smallish bins on lampposts, which were always overflowing, to one larger bin with the capacity of 3 of the smaller bins.

You can probably guess the result.

57 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'd mostly go with community service.

Get them into all the worst areas of our towns to trim back overgrown hedges and collect litter. General tidying up of eyesores.

I can't tell but surely you aren't being serious?