Calling Cards of Morons

16 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
17 hours ago, strichener said:
Using Americanisms.
I blame Sky.

What would you call it, out if interest? I know "hole-in-the-wall" used to be common in England (I think Barclays Bank had that as a trademark) and I think my old man just says "the bank" or "cash machine" but I can't think of many better phrases that "ATM" really. Although I call it "the Bancomat"...

Cashline

20 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
20 hours ago, strichener said:
Using Americanisms.
I blame Sky.

What would you call it, out if interest? I know "hole-in-the-wall" used to be common in England (I think Barclays Bank had that as a trademark) and I think my old man just says "the bank" or "cash machine" but I can't think of many better phrases that "ATM" really. Although I call it "the Bancomat"...

It's a cashpoint. 

18 hours ago, jamieson87 said:

People who still use the term "Flat Screen TV" like it is some kind of luxury.  They are about 15 years out of date.

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

You see that advertised with hotels etc as if its something desirable. Pish. There will be teenagers these days who have never seen a CRT tv.

A few months back we were going down to Weymouth to see my Grandparents, my folks were also coming down from Scotland, and as they were staying with my Nan & Grandad they thought it would be nice to treat myself and Mrs to a hotel stay. It was bank holiday weekend, so everything was booked up, apart from the Portland Lodge. I'm not sure if my old man had read the reviews, or he was just getting his own back for all the torment I gave him in my younger years. An absolute shit hole. 

PL.jpg

PL2.jpg

34 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

A few months back we were going down to Weymouth to see my Grandparents, my folks were also coming down from Scotland, and as they were staying with my Nan & Grandad they thought it would be nice to treat myself and Mrs to a hotel stay. It was bank holiday weekend, so everything was booked up, apart from the Portland Lodge. I'm not sure if my old man had read the reviews, or he was just getting his own back for all the torment I gave him in my younger years. An absolute shit hole. 

PL.jpg

PL2.jpg

A colour TV no less. Impressive. 

38 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

PL.jpg

PL2.jpg

Looks like the PAT testing has been done, it's a shame the wiring is a hanging danger to young children.

Folk who check their balance at the ATM, holding up the queue behind.

Using Americanisms.
I blame Sky.

Bank machine IMO

Aye bank machine for me. I don't think I've ever said ATM out loud in my life.

I was with the Clydesdale when their ATM , which they called the Autobank ,was a new thing.
So I've always referred to every ATM no matter which bank or whatever runs it , as the Autobank , even though I haven't been with Clydesdale for years

Cashline

Cash machine

It's a cashpoint

So we're in agreement then!