Calling Cards of Morons

6 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Anyone obsessed with a brand is a moron. I once saw a Nike swoosh tattoo on a guys leg, and he was Asian. Made me wonder if he was branded in a sweat shop.

In a previous employment I once visited a textile factory in India where they were manufacturing  jeans .

The denim came off the same loom for M&S, Levi’s, Diesel, Next and CK.

The only main different was the branding by labels, buttons, zips which added cost accordingly.

The  guy who owned the factory couldn’t believe how moronic some people were , paying the extra cost on basically the same item, just by the addition of a few labels 

2 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

In a previous employment I once visited a textile factory in India where they were manufacturing  jeans .

The denim came off the same loom for M&S, Levi’s, Diesel, Next and CK.

The only main different was the branding by labels, buttons, zips which added cost accordingly.

The  guy who owned the factory couldn’t believe how moronic some people were , paying the extra cost on basically the same item, just by the addition of a few labels 

I struggle to believe this because there is a relatively famous case involving restrictive covenants where a restrictive covenant of two years worldwide was found to be valid for a guy who was moving from Wrangler to Levi Strauss and knew a lot of Wrangler trade secrets regarding manufacturing. Restrictive covenants are presumed to be invalid and it’s up to the former employer to prove they are not and they need to justify both the timescale and the geographical extent. Suggests there is a bit more to jeans manufacture than every c**t getting the same pair.

Also, the Levis I have on say they were made in Bulgaria.

5 minutes ago, The OP said:

I struggle to believe this because there is a relatively famous case involving restrictive covenants where a restrictive covenant of two years worldwide was found to be valid for a guy who was moving from Wrangler to Levi Strauss and knew a lot of Wrangler trade secrets regarding manufacturing. Restrictive covenants are presumed to be invalid and it’s up to the former employer to prove they are not and they need to justify both the timescale and the geographical extent. Suggests there is a bit more to jeans manufacture than every c**t getting the same pair.

Also, the Levis I have on say they were made in Bulgaria.

Maybe the Indian factory were producing fakes :o

Eta . There is also a grey area between “ made “ and “produced”.

The material for a product can be made in one country , but the final product can be made/ assembled in another .Its then legal to say “ made “ in that country , even although components may have been produced in another 

Edited by Unleash The Nade

3 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Other thing that occurs is that if you ask a slave in the field whether cotton socks and a cotton suit would be the same thing they’d reckon so as it all comes from the stuff they pick.

I do find, when it comes to jeans, certain types are less likely to shrink or fade or come apart in anyway and just look better for whatever intangible reason.

1 minute ago, The OP said:

Other thing that occurs is that if you ask a slave in the field whether cotton socks and a cotton suit would be the same thing they’d reckon so as it all comes from the stuff they pick.

I do find, when it comes to jeans, certain types are less likely to shrink or fade or come apart in anyway and just look better for whatever intangible reason.

Only saying what I saw .

All the denim was coming off the same batch,

Styling, cutting., stitching ,finishing etc may have varied in quality , but the denim was the same for all 

12 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Eta . There is also a grey area between “ made “ and “produced”.

The material for a product can be made in one country , but the final product can be made/ assembled in another .Its then legal to say “ made “ in that country , even although components may have been produced in another 

What was your job if you were sent to look at a factory and you're not sure if they were producing fakes or not?

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What was your job if you were sent to look at a factory and you're not sure if they were producing fakes or not?

I was a buyer 

The factory I went to was used by a manufacturer of kitchen textiles who produced the cotton material to his specification 

The jean manufacturing was seen as part of an overall factory tour 

Anyone who has ever posted in the politics forum of P&B = certified moron

4 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

I was a buyer 

The factory I went to was used by a manufacturer of kitchen textiles who produced the cotton material to his specification 

The jean manufacturing was seen as part of an overall factory tour 

49 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Just a bit surprised that the owner would brag about this to a stranger if he was making knock offs, as seems likely. If it ever happened.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just a bit surprised that the owner would brag about this to a stranger if he was making knock offs, as seems likely. If it ever happened.

You’ve obviously never visited factories in India , China , Thailand.

Many of them openly brag about being able to copy other brands and don’t really give a f**k who knows about it , as they think it may impress in some way.

I can assure you ,it happened, whether you choose to believe it or not is entirely up to you 

3 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

You’ve obviously never visited factories in India , China , Thailand.

Many of them openly brag about being able to copy other brands and don’t really give a f**k who knows about it , as they think it may impress in some way.

I can assure you ,it happened, whether you choose to believe it or not is entirely up to you 

The b*****ds are putting the wrong labels on. Everyone knows I'm a 32. This shite I'm wearing says 38.