Thistle v Ayr 27/10/18

We were awful throughout. No clear cut chances at home to an Ayr side who didn't look close to their best. I feared the worst after the pile-up at the touchline; we don't have the bottle at all to compete in a match that becomes a fight. 

I think that's 2 points off Dunfermline in 7th and 4 off Morton in 6th, both with a game in hand over is. I think we can all safely discard any ideas of top four and focus on staying in the division with a view to punting and replacing every member of playing staff next summer, if not January. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall I thought we were marginally better than under Archie (which isn't saying much but it's something!). Ayr weren't that impressive either but they still won. You know you're shite when you make Mark Kerr look good. But it was adorable watching him get in a state over Quitongo.

North Stand wasn't as toxic either, atmosphere only picked up when there was a little stramash in the dugout with McGinty and I think it was Shankland?

Quitongo going off changed the game for me, as there was less pressing from the front and then Ayr started to get a foothold in the game. We need to play a front two from: Doolan/ Couilibaly/ Quitongo - playing any of them up alone just results in them being isolated.

Bannigan was our best player but clearly tired as he's been out for soo long.

f**k knows why Spittal wasn't taking that free kick at the end, it's speciality. f**k knows what Fitzpatrick has to do toget a start ahead of Storey or Mutombo on the flanks either tbh.

Mutombo is a wasted jersey, he kept leaving his man which resulted in Penrice being 2 on 1'd and just didn't bring anything positive to the team in general. Storey is just meh as he beats anyone in the division pace-wise but has ZERO end product.

Erskine looks done too, sadly.

Caldwell better have a host of targets (particularly defenders) lined up already because this is still pretty grim..

4 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Overall I thought we were marginally better than under Archie (which isn't saying much but it's something!). Ayr weren't that impressive either but they still won. You know you're shite when you make Mark Kerr look good. But it was adorable watching him get in a state over Quitongo.

North Stand wasn't as toxic either, atmosphere only picked up when there was a little stramash in the dugout with McGinty and I think it was Shankland?

Quitongo going off changed the game for me, as there was less pressing from the front and then Ayr started to get a foothold in the game. We need to play a front two from: Doolan/ Couilibaly/ Quitongo - playing any of them up alone just results in them being isolated.

Bannigan was our best player but clearly tired as he's been out for soo long.

f**k knows why Spittal wasn't taking that free kick at the end, it's speciality. f**k knows what Fitzpatrick has to do toget a start ahead of Storey or Mutombo on the flanks either tbh.

Mutombo is a wasted jersey, he kept leaving his man which resulted in Penrice being 2 on 1'd and just didn't bring anything positive to the team in general. Storey is just meh as he beats anyone in the division pace-wise but has ZERO end product.

Erskine looks done too, sadly.

Caldwell better have a host of targets (particularly defenders) lined up already because this is still pretty grim..

Would agree with most of that except Banzo. Thought that was one of his poorest games in a jags jersey. Funny how we see games differently!

f**k off Walter.
It's not the first time you've come out with this "liquidate us now" shite. I know you probably don't mean it and are just looking for a few likes on the back of being the most miserable b*****d on the forum but as someone who been following the team through thick and thin for decades and considers the club an important part of my life, as it was for my Father and is for my son, I find that patter totally infuriating.

I'm not likely to f**k off any time soon.

...as someone who been following the team through thick and thin for decades and considers the club an important part of my life, as it was for my Father and is for my son...

Medal's in the post.

54 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not quite
IMG_2691.jpg

Fair play to the honest men. Great to see so many of you today at Firhill Stadium.

Ian McCall has certainly got you going. You have a great chance of going up. I have always like Mr McColl he done a excellent job for the Jags he's really is one of the games good guys.

Mr Caldwell is starting to get Thistle fired up and will soon no doubt have us firing on all six again. Sad to say that some morons sitting behind me were saying that "Caldwell was even a bigger dick than Archie". These cretins really don't have a clue do they?

Enjoyed the banter my friend. Are we downhearted? No. It's very much a case of  onward and upwards for the mighty Jags.

#ingarywetrust :bounce2:bounce4

The ref had a mare, too many poor calls to list individually, can’t help but feel he is harbouring a grudge after the rangers game.
Rose was outstanding and I thought Kerr was excellent too bringing some much needed calm to the midfield which struggled a little today.

McDaid’s work rate was brilliant, and whilst end product not great hope he gets another chance with a start on Tues.

Not sure if anyone else noticed Quitongo’s back heel kick with his studs during the stramash, if spotted would’ve been a straight red, however glad he stayed on as he is utter pish.

3 wins from 3 against thistle before Nov, do we get to keep their mascot or something???

There was a little fight but for a team with a lopsided amount of forwards we could still be playing now and not threatening to score. Didn't think Ayr were much more likely outside set pieces but it's pretty much Peak Thistle to knock 3 off the line in quick succession then immediately concede from the corner afterwards. 

We're in huge huge trouble although I'm sure everyone has already recognised that now.  We have zero out ball, all our forwards are tiny or miles storey who I hate with the passion of a thousand burning suns. We also brought back Jack Storer for no good reason. 

Ayr might do a Livi if they can keep people fit / not be forced to sell them / their manager doesn't sabotage them then starts betting against them (he may or may not have past form for this) 

Missed this today.... was down at Cheltenham races Friday. Travelled name the day. 

Super Ayr.  

How many points are we above 8th place?

13 points off Partick in 8th with a chance to make it 16 on Tuesday night.

Tbh I stopped checking how the bottom teams were doing a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

13 points off Partick in 8th with a chance to make it 16 on Tuesday night.

Tbh I stopped checking how the bottom teams were doing a few weeks ago.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

personally inspecting Moores burst face and then still not waving him back on. Tosser !!

I’d agree with most of your post but that really isn’t accurate, is it?

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

Would agree with most of that except Banzo. Thought that was one of his poorest games in a jags jersey. Funny how we see games differently!

I have a lot of respect for Bannigan after his excellent loan spell at Ayr but he spent too much time trying to be a Roy Keane tribute act today.

1 minute ago, trainspotter said:

I’d agree with most of your post but that really isn’t accurate, is it?

Well, from where we were sitting Madden ran over and checked Moore's face and then ran back on again, he then waited about another minute before letting him back on. As I said at the time, I've never ever seen a referee run across a park and personally check on a player for blood, especially as the 4th official and linesman were both right beside Moore.

Or do you not think he's a tosser ??

Archived