Thistle v Ayr 27/10/18

26 minutes ago, forameus said:

It was read out in the stadium, but as has been the way recently, it's quietly mentioned in between talk of our next game as people are filing out.

I'm sure Mr and Mrs Storey's votes weighed heavy.

EDIT: Kind of on that subject, is not showing the added time at the end of the game a new thing, an SPFL thing, a Championship thing, or something else?  Never seems to be announced either anymore.

It's because we no longer get a 4th official now we're back in the diddy leagues. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Nizzy said:

There's no such thing as the SPL.

Mark Kerr is not Premiership quality. 

I still call a "Snickers" a "Marathon", just in case you were wondering.

Were some of these dumplings in your side not plying their trade in the "Premiership" last season ?

Well, he was certainly much better than any of them......................

4 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Yes, and they were relegated. So...they're not Premiership class either, bright spark.

Yes, but you may have noticed I said "much better" which would infer that he "would" have been Premiership class as you actually finished on the same points as Hamilton and of course it was only your inferior goal difference and subsequent horror shows in the play offs which eventually found you dropping down.

Language, it's a wonderful thing...............

From Thistle's Title-Winning side in 2012/13, Stuart Bannigan,  Sean Welsh, Ross Forbes & James Craigen made the step up to the Premiership the following season and Gary Fraser and Isaac Osborne were also regulars in midfield. Mark Kerr was signed at the beginning of that season as an experienced back-up. Most Thistle fans won't really remember him - he never got near the first Team even as a sub, other than a cup game against Aberdeen when a host of first choice players were out injured. He made a few neat and tidy passes but was way short of Premiership quality . Maybe he's improved a lot in these 5 years...

Similarly, Declan McDaid showed some early promise but  when he moved on from Firhill  a couple of seasons ago, nobody thought we were losing a top talent.  He looked a better player on Saturday than Thistle's wingers, Storey and Mutumbo...which is the point really - the calibre of Thistle players has declined markedly in the last two seasons to a point when  former players who didn't make the grade are now with a side who are 13 points above us in the League (with a game in hand)

It's a critical observation of Thistle not a slight on Ayr - Ryan Edwards, Adam Barton and Martin Woods were relegation standard midfielders...and Mark Kerr would have been too.

1 hour ago, Thistle Bonnet said:

From Thistle's Title-Winning side in 2012/13, Stuart Bannigan,  Sean Welsh, Ross Forbes & James Craigen made the step up to the Premiership the following season and Gary Fraser and Isaac Osborne were also regulars in midfield. Mark Kerr was signed at the beginning of that season as an experienced back-up. Most Thistle fans won't really remember him - he never got near the first Team even as a sub, other than a cup game against Aberdeen when a host of first choice players were out injured. He made a few neat and tidy passes but was way short of Premiership quality . Maybe he's improved a lot in these 5 years...

Similarly, Declan McDaid showed some early promise but  when he moved on from Firhill  a couple of seasons ago, nobody thought we were losing a top talent.  He looked a better player on Saturday than Thistle's wingers, Storey and Mutumbo...which is the point really - the calibre of Thistle players has declined markedly in the last two seasons to a point when  former players who didn't make the grade are now with a side who are 13 points above us in the League (with a game in hand)

It's a critical observation of Thistle not a slight on Ayr - Ryan Edwards, Adam Barton and Martin Woods were relegation standard midfielders...and Mark Kerr would have been too.

On McDaid, am I misremembering that he looked like a wee wean when he was with us who'd get blown over by a light breeze?  He's fair bulked up if so.  Not as if he tore us apart, but he was a constant problem to us, which is something our "wingers" rarely are.

21 minutes ago, forameus said:

On McDaid, am I misremembering that he looked like a wee wean when he was with us who'd get blown over by a light breeze?  He's fair bulked up if so.  Not as if he tore us apart, but he was a constant problem to us, which is something our "wingers" rarely are.

That's unfair. Our wingers are a constant problem to us.

Partick Thistle manager Gary Caldwell, who said he was hit by a missile thrown from the crowd at the weekend

Whoever did it, he or she shouldn't be allowed in a football stadium again.

???????

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Partick Thistle manager Gary Caldwell, who said he was hit by a missile thrown from the crowd at the weekend

Whoever did it, he or she shouldn't be allowed in a football stadium again.

???????

I heard it was Miles Storey.

I looked at Caldwell right after Ayr's goal to see his reaction, and actually saw that happen. He got hit in the back of the head with something which was large enough to be visible from the North Stand - no idea what it was, but probably just a rolled up pie container or something like that because he didn't really react other than glare up at the Ayr fans.

Although Storey may be the butt of jokes here, he does show signs of trying (alright - being very trying!). A professional competing in any physical sport without any heart, though, is a complete liability: take a bow, Spittal. Storey might learn if he's given some coaching, but you can't give anyone smeddum if it's missing in the first place. He's not even being given the task of taking spot kicks now: what is the point of him?

3 minutes ago, KelvindaleJag said:

Although Storey may be the butt of jokes here, he does show signs of trying (alright - being very trying!). A professional competing in any physical sport without any heart, though, is a complete liability: take a bow, Spittal. Storey might learn if he's given some coaching, but you can't give anyone smeddum if it's missing in the first place. He's not even being given the task of taking spot kicks now: what is the point of him?

When did Spittal ever take penalty kicks?

1 hour ago, KelvindaleJag said:

Compared to Storeys number of goals scored, Spittals record is quite a bit more decent

50 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Putting in effort is why we've had utter frauds like Ryan Edwards, Miles Storey  and Christie Elliott playing week in week out for us as we plummet down the leagues. 

I'd rather a lazy c**t with ability tbh

How can you mention "putting in effort" and not mention champagne shitebag Adam Barton? 

I wouldn't say any of the three lacked effort to be honest.  Maybe Storey.  Edwards always tried hard, too hard almost.  He just lacked any kind of technical ability.  Elliot maybe less so, but I still think he looks like he's trying.  Again, he's just not very good where we're determined to play him.

Barton on the other hand, was and still is a pretty gifted player.  Someone who looked very at home doing the simple things and read the game well.  But last season decided that he was going to put absolutely no effort whatsoever in.  That's far, far worse than anything our gang of absolute pish is doing in my view.

19 minutes ago, forameus said:

How can you mention "putting in effort" and not mention champagne shitebag Adam Barton? 

Replacing "teenage wasteland" with "champagne shitebag" is making my friday afternoon singalong more enjoyable.

2 hours ago, wuffster said:

Replacing "teenage wasteland" with "champagne shitebag" is making my friday afternoon singalong more enjoyable.

Had a different song crop into my internal jukebox tbh.

"Cuz I'm just a champagne shitebag babee

Come listen to Iron Maiden maybe with me

Oooh-oowoooh"

Archived