Thistle v Ayr 27/10/18

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

It appears Twitter is full of heads gone Thistle fans tonight.

A real, real shame*

*Nah not really

That's probably the thistle fan I bumped into coming out the ground as he proclaimed: "How many times have we battered teams this season and no won?" 

I replied "What game were you watching?" As he darted into the stand.

Totally delusional! 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Nizzy said:

It's pretty clear from the highlights that McGinty reacts to a being put in a headlock by Shankland. As for the claim that Quitongo would have seen red had the ref clocked his part in the stramash, I'm not convinced given that Geggan received a yellow for a clear kick at a prone player.

Mcginty should take legal action and consult a solicitor lol

8 hours ago, Nizzy said:

I'm not making reference to the highlights. It was clear to see at the time. That's twice this season that an Ayr player's got away with a kicking a Thistle player. I said that Geggan was odds on to lose the plot after the rammy, and so it came to pass.

8 hours ago, Nizzy said:

emoji23.png

Keep pushing.

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Thistle not any bigger than Ayr imo.

How have you come to that conclusion?

Apart from on the football pitch at this current moment in time, where tbf you’re miles ahead of us...

How have you come to that conclusion?
Apart from on the football pitch at this current moment in time, where tbf you’re miles ahead of us...

I was really only basing this on crowd potential. If we had spent the time in the top division like Thistle, County and ICT have we would have a home crowd as good as these sides. All if’s and maybes’s I know

Pretty awful game generally yesterday, which Ayr fully deserved to win.

Storey must be fucking unreal in training because I’ve no idea how he consistently is starting games. Thought Quitongo had a good game, particularly when being given limited support. Taking him off when he was fired up and getting reactions from the Ayr CBs, and Mark Kerr (and not on a booking AFAIK) was a shocking decision.

I’d be delighted if we manage to finish this season in 8th.

Based on the highlights I have to admit that I don't think Ayr should've had any penalty.

Shankland gets a very light hand on the back but there's no trip and he's lucky not to get booked.

The other shankland one before the goal would've been but I think the ref plays the advantage because Ayr had a clear chance when it came back off the bar. He's clearly been taken out by the keeper but I think the advantage applies even if we don't score the chance that follows (might be wrong on this one but I can't see any other reason why he wouldn't pull it back for the penalty).

Watching the highlights back (I might be on my own here) but didn't think we looked that bad. If we were a bit better in front of goal we'd potentially have got something out that game.  Don't understand why Slater took the free kick at the end instead of Spittal though. 

26 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Watching the highlights back (I might be on my own here) but didn't think we looked that bad. If we were a bit better in front of goal we'd potentially have got something out that game.  Don't understand why Slater took the free kick at the end instead of Spittal though. 

The game had a 0-0 draw written all over it and I'd reckon most Ayr fans would have walked away pleased enough with that.

I actually thought, like a few others, that Mutombo was one of your best players yesterday but there is definitely something lacking with your game plan and final ball.

Storey is an athlete, however I don't think he'll ever make a footballer and Spittal, who without doubt has ability, just looks like he'd rather be somewhere else and completely uninterested at times.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

The other shankland one before the goal would've been but I think the ref plays the advantage because Ayr had a clear chance when it came back off the bar. He's clearly been taken out by the keeper but I think the advantage applies even if we don't score the chance that follows (might be wrong on this one but I can't see any other reason why he wouldn't pull it back for the penalty).

Well put, I wondered why that one wasn't a penalty as well.

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

I was sitting in Ayr section directly behind Caldwell , your left back was looking towards bench and Caldwell clearly instructed him to tell Slater to hit the free kick 

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Based on the highlights I have to admit that I don't think Ayr should've had any penalty.

Shankland gets a very light hand on the back but there's no trip and he's lucky not to get booked.

I think you're right.  The infringement is denial of a goal-scoring opportunity.  If play is allowed to run on, and the team get the chance (as opposed to not scoring), you can't bring back play because the infringement is denial of an opportunity, not denial of a goal.

3 hours ago, thistledo said:

Not sure if I’ve missed something this season. Spittal has took some free kicks around the box and missed. So I’m thinking it’s reasonable for the manager to try someone else. Ok Slater missed but I’m not sure Spittal would’ve scored either. 

Archived