Thistle v Ayr 27/10/18

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr fans quite rightly enjoying being in the situation that they are. They're a far better team than us right now, which when you consider they're playing absolute non-entities like Mark Kerr and Jamie Adams every week, takes some doing, so fair play. Shankland didn't impact the game directly today, but you can see the fear he caused in our team - double marked all game as we were completely terrified of him. If they can hold onto him during the January window, and the CB's play to the kind of level they were at today, Ayr are definitely contenders to "do a Livi".

Another insipid performance from our band of workshy weaklings, led as usual by Spittal and Storey, supported by new imposter on the scene, Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo. Between the three of them, you've got a gang of absolute shitehawks completely void of any kind of footballing ability that do their utmost to kill anything resembling attacking play. Supported by a defence of the usual four c***s mortified of the ball played into feet anywhere near them, and a goalkeeper who loves parrying things into dangerous areas, and you've got the makings of a team who are heading straight for a successive relegation.

Cracking away support from Ayr as well today. Put many Premiership teams to shame.

Ayr fans quite rightly enjoying being in the situation that they are. They're a far better team than us right now, which when you consider they're playing absolute non-entities like Mark Kerr and Jamie Adams every week, takes some doing, so fair play. Shankland didn't impact the game directly today, but you can see the fear he caused in our team - double marked all game as we were completely terrified of him. If they can hold onto him during the January window, and the CB's play to the kind of level they were at today, Ayr are definitely contenders to "do a Livi".
Another insipid performance from our band of workshy weaklings, led as usual by Spittal and Storey, supported by new imposter on the scene, Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo. Between the three of them, you've got a gang of absolute shitehawks completely void of any kind of footballing ability that do their utmost to kill anything resembling attacking play. Supported by a defence of the usual four c***s mortified of the ball played into feet anywhere near them, and a goalkeeper who loves parrying things into dangerous areas, and you've got the makings of a team who are heading straight for a successive relegation.
Cracking away support from Ayr as well today. Put many Premiership teams to shame.

I’ll get laughed at for this but I thought the boy Mutombo actually looked decent. Was pleased to see him subbed off when he was. Good first touch and looked pretty good on the ball.

Most likely devoid of any physicality and a strong wind would blow him over but in a better team he’d maybe do better.

Shankland getting booked for being pushed in the face :lol:
Laughable how so many refs just book both players whenever there’s a tussle, regardless of what actually happened.

Knowing Shankland I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t entirely innocent there. Although you can’t really see if he does anything from the highlights.

It's pretty clear from the highlights that McGinty reacts to a being put in a headlock by Shankland. As for the claim that Quitongo would have seen red had the ref clocked his part in the stramash, I'm not convinced given that Geggan received a yellow for a clear kick at a prone player.

Behave yourself. There’s very little to see.

I'm not making reference to the highlights. It was clear to see at the time. That's twice this season that an Ayr player's got away with a kicking a Thistle player. I said that Geggan was odds on to lose the plot after the rammy, and so it came to pass.

53 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Knowing Shankland I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t entirely innocent there. Although you can’t really see if he does anything from the highlights.

Agree with this, he has previous history and shouldn't have got involved in the touchline stramash. He also did a commendable Jordan Jones impression in hunting for a penalty in the first half. Disappointing from Sir Lawrence, this is not what we expect from a knight of the realm.

Heard a story today from a very well known face around Firhill that we offered £75,000 for Shankland at the start of the season. McCall knocked it back and came back with a straight swap  offer of Doolan and Erskine for Shankland. Archie knocked it back. If true and the guy knows Corky very well so I have no reason to doubt it, that is turning out to be an incredibily bad bit of judgement from our old manager. Could be that neither player fancied going to Ayr, who knows! Even though he didnt score today, Shankland is a very good striker with some great movement off the ball. 

5 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Vintage Madden looking straight at the Ayr player knock the ball over the line with his hand..

The ball wasn’t in play thanks to Rose’ goal.

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

Heard a story today from a very well known face around Firhill that we offered £75,000 for Shankland at the start of the season. McCall knocked it back and came back with a straight swap  offer of Doolan and Erskine for Shankland. Archie knocked it back. If true and the guy knows Corky very well so I have no reason to doubt it, that is turning out to be an incredibily bad bit of judgement from our old manager. Could be that neither player fancied going to Ayr, who knows! Even though he didnt score today, Shankland is a very good striker with some great movement off the ball. 

Could well be true as I had it on good authority Dundee offered 50k plus 2 plAyers. McCall asked for Caulker and Kamara. Dundee swiftly withdrew their interest.

Archived