Thistle v Ayr 27/10/18

Well, from where we were sitting Madden ran over and checked Moore's face and then ran back on again, he then waited about another minute before letting him back on. As I said at the time, I've never ever seen a referee run across a park and personally check on a player for blood, especially as the 4th official and linesman were both right beside Moore.
Or do you not think he's a tosser ??

There was no 4th official today!

Tbh the physio was still working on the cut till he was let back on.

Madden is most definitely a tosser

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Thistle look better than the last two times we cuffed them, energetic and got a bit of bite but clearly  utterly lacking confidence in the final third. Had enough chances to take a lead in the first half but produced absolutely zero end product. Worrying for them first now but suspect with a bit of tweeking they'll be good enough for a 6th or 7th place finish.  They just need to find a win from somewhere somehow soon-ish.  

We played meh but brought enough team spirit and energy to scrape the win and see it out - sign of a decent side to find a way to win when not playing well.  Still think we miss the Moff for his clever link play - and Shankland clearly misses the service he gets from him - but Moore didn't do too much wrong today either. Shame we cannot find a system to play all three. Pace of the game didn't suit Kerr, who was blowing out of his arse a few times getting back but still produced enough quality short passing and game management to deserve his place.  Declan disappointed slightly after winning a start - thought his decision making was not great and seemed to drop out of the game for the middle half hour. Robbie had a bit of a mare, defensively all over the place and maybe his poorest performance since Alloa last season - I think he needs a wee rest.

Defence excellent however - good to see Rose and Adams absolutely dominant and enough hard work to cover for the odd mistake when we got turned around the flanks. Tremendous team spirit and away support got us over the line. We played better and lost at Dingwall last week so onwards and upwards. 

It's not the first time you've come out with this "liquidate us now" shite. I know you probably don't mean it and are just looking for a few likes on the back of being the most miserable b*****d on the forum but as someone who been following the team through thick and thin for decades and considers the club an important part of my life, as it was for my Father and is for my son, I find that patter totally infuriating.

I'm not likely to f**k off any time soon.

^^^
Rhymes with ‘clappy happer’

A very insipid performance by Thistle - it's early days, but Caldwell's team selections have not been encouraging -  inexplicable that Storey and Spittal remain first choices...Mutombo and Storer showed nothing to justify being given a chance...Quitongo and then Coulibaly hopelessly isolated as lone striker.

We have been comfortably beaten three times this season by an Ayr side - I never grudge any side from the West of Scotland(apart from the Ugly Sisters) having a bit of success and particularly with West End Boy Ian McCall's involvement but it's a sign of how far we have fallen that Mark Kerr and Declan McDaid who were nowhere near good enough for Thistle three seasons ago are playing for a side that is almost out of sight in the League.

I thought we were going to end up drawing nil nil. It just goes to show the character and heart this squad has.

We definitely had the better chances, Adams & Moore squandered two of the best. Tbf to Thistle Spittal missed from 4 yards but Doohan didn't have a save to make today. 

Will be very interested to see the penalty claims and the stramash on the touchline in the highlights.

Will be very interested to see the penalty claims and the stramash on the touchline in the highlights.

After hearing the post-match interview I was struggling to think what the 3 pens were - 1 is in highlights and looks a penalty, I left out the handball as I don’t have a good angle and don’t know what the 3rd was! Both stramashes were much ado about nothing from the JHS.

After hearing the post-match interview I was struggling to think what the 3 pens were - 1 is in highlights and looks a penalty, I left out the handball as I don’t have a good angle and don’t know what the 3rd was! Both stramashes were much ado about nothing from the JHS.

The only other one I can think of was when McDaid was fouled in the first half near where Shankland had his claim turned down. Madden never gave anything but I’m sure it was outside the box??

Was properly Peak Thistle today where you're thinking about how we've survived a goalmouth stramash and that if the header had been 6 inches either way Elliott wouldn't have been able to nod it off the line, maybe this is redemption for the cup game, all we need to do is head this corner away and.... ah f**k

Archived