Thistle v Ayr 27/10/18

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

You have to hand it to the board. What a few months it has been.

The absolute state of Partick Thistle Football Club.

Just liquidate us now.

Kind of had similar thoughts myself over the past few weeks (months, perhaps) 

Can't really be fucked with putting the time and money in anymore. Not Caldwell's fault but I don't look forward to coming to Firhill and haven't for what seems like eternity.

Probably time to find the next Doolan/Erskine type's rather than relying on those two and all.

I mean I'm not the type to latch on to Celtic or Rangers* or a craven EPL fanboy at least, but still.

You have to hand it to the board. What a few months it has been.
The absolute state of Partick Thistle Football Club.
Just liquidate us now.

Alternatively you could just go and support someone else and spare the rest of us from huffy-wean pish like "just liquidate us now".

Bobby Madden can f**k right off. Routine win other than that.

Absolute knob of a guy. Knew instantly after he didn’t give us that penalty we’d get very little from him.

Great win though. Worked hard and it paid off. Thistle are an absolute gang though with very few Championship standard players.

Thought that was an improvement today but there are glaring deficiencies in the team. The striker is always isolated in our team. We desperately need an Albert Craig/Martin Hardie marauding type midfielder that can dig, do box to box, support the strikers and score goals.  Its no wonder we cant score. The defence doesnt look capable of having a clean sheet. Thought the Ayr central defender that scored  the goal had a terrific game. Powerful, commanding and pretty quick. Thought Bannigan and Storey were awful but it was good to see Christie Elliot have a half decent game.  Its going to be a long season and we really need  a scrappy 1-0 win from somewhere and quickly!

The honest men are in fine fettle the night. Their danders are up and you seem to fair fancy your chances against Mr Caldwell's all new and improved Jags.

Fair play to the honest men, hope you all have a cracking day out and enjoy your visit to fortress Firhill.

3 points for the super Jags :thumsup2

You will be the ones getting a roasting tomorrow my friend :rolleyes:

Not quite
IMG_2691.jpg

Storey is an absolute imposter. Surprised he stayed on.  Erskine offered nothing when he came on either. There were signs of better movement on and off the ball however I agree that we need a link to bring in the forwards more.  I like Slater and Quitongo. Looks like Caldwell will continue to work on the fitness overall.

Madden was a complete nightmare and from the word go had it in for us. Penalties ignored, constant assaults on Shankland and Moore ignored and then shockingly booked Shankland for being attacked , not to mention a yellow card for Geggan due to Quitongo throwing his head into Geggans leg and then personally inspecting Moores burst face and then still not waving him back on. Tosser !!

As for the game, I thought Thistle turned it into a battle which really didn't suit us, however there's no doubt that with both Moffat and Forrest missing from the midfield that we lose our fluency and link between front and back and it just doesn't suit us.

I also felt we were short in midfield with Geggan playing full back and it was only when we changed it up with Harvie coming on along with Forrest and Bell, that we seemed to regain our normal control with the shape that's suited us so well.

It wasn't our best performance, but for me Shankland was our best player and Robbie was possibly our worst, however I don't think our shape did him any favours either.

As for Thistle, I thought they had lots of fight, they're big and they're physical, however they lack a quality playmaker and they just don't appear to have any match winners in that team. Lots of endeavor but not much else. I still don't think they'll go down, as that team playing in that manner, although not pretty, will pick up points.

All in all it's a great 3 points for us in a match which was far from a classic...............

Bobby madden is a loony.
Partick are woeful, feel for yous.
Michael Rose is a wonderful centre half.
Our support were terrific. Just under a thousand I think.
I love this team.

955 Ayr fans which is superb.

Onto Alloa on Tuesday night now. Chance for us and Ross County to pull away from the rest of the pack.

Archived