Thistle v Ayr 27/10/18

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Getting the train up for this one but been made aware that there isn’t really a train station close to the ground. Best bet to get a train up to Central, go for a couple of beers nearby then get an Uber out to Firhill? Had a look earlier and it’s between £5-£7 which is reasonable. 

Bear in mind a likely surge price when The Super are in town.

59 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

How many are we likely to take to this one?? Took a large number up earlier on for the league cup but this game is much more important.

600 - 800 ?

We need to grab the thistle (pun intended) with Shankland and Moore at some point and give them more than 20 min here and there Craig Moore is potentially a 15 to 20 goal a season striker if shanks and moorey can link up it would frightening for any defence at BTW I love moff

Need a double from Shankland for him to hit the 50 goals mark in 49 starts.  

Tough game in store I reckon.  Caldwells first home game in charge and they will be smarting from that defeat last week so would imagine Thistle will be seriously fired up for this - we need to match them at the start - been 2 down at half time on 3 occasions this season which we can't afford to keep doing. 

Edit - at least 2 down I mean. QoS was what, 4-0?

Need a double from Shankland for him to hit the 50 goals mark in 49 starts.  
Tough game in store I reckon.  Caldwells first home game in charge and they will be smarting from that defeat last week so would imagine Thistle will be seriously fired up for this - we need to match them at the start - been 2 down at half time on 3 occasions this season which we can't afford to keep doing. 
Edit - at least 2 down I mean. QoS was what, 4-0?

Another possible landmark tomorrow is Robbie Crawford’s 200th game in all comps for the club.

I believe Adams, Moore and Doc aren’t far off 100 appearances for the club as well.

Fully fit squad available for tomorrow.

See Bobby Madden is the ref who McCall fell out with for the non penalty apology after the rangers game so that'll be interesting.

He was also in charge of Porto v Lokomotiv Moscow in the champions league midweek and got pelters in that game by giving two penalties and a red card so probably will have a shit show tomorrow.

Buzzing for this one now, expecting a decent travelling support from The Super and also expecting Thistle to have a decent support with it being Gary Caldwell’s first game.

We’ve been miles ahead of Thistle in both games so far this season but with the new manager bounce and Quitongo and Couilabaly (sp) regaining fitness they gave players that can hurt us.

Teamwise i’d go: 

Doohan

Smith Rose Bell Harvie

McDaid Murdoch Kerr Forrest

Moore Shankland

Subs: Hare-Reid, Geggan, Adams, Docherty, Crawford, McGuffie, Moffat 

It'll be interesting to see how Partick perform in Caldwell's first home game. I expect they'll be a tougher proposition, hopefully their right back gives us a goal head start again!

I'm going for 2-1 win with Shankland and Moore (coming off the bench) scoring and McDaid assisting both. 

6 hours ago, rb123! said:

See Bobby Madden is the ref who McCall fell out with for the non penalty apology after the rangers game so that'll be interesting.

He was also in charge of Porto v Lokomotiv Moscow in the champions league midweek and got pelters in that game by giving two penalties and a red card so probably will have a shit show tomorrow.

That news has spoiled my evening - bluenose fuckwit in charge

Adams has proved to be a better central defender than Bell. I would go with 

Doohan 

Smith Adams Rose Harvie 

Geggan  Murdoch Kerr Crawford 

Moore Shankland 

Subs 

Bell Moffat  McGuffie Forrest Ferguson Docherty and Hare- Reid.

Thistle will be right up for this but I'm going for a narrow 2-1 victory.

Shankland and Moore.

Archived