Thistle v Ayr 27/10/18

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

As you're a local I trust you will be keeping us all safe from the Beith nuggets next month.

I'm sure we'll all be fine !!

In fairness I've not drank in Beith for years (Kilbirnie boys aren't always the most welcome), however for anyone travelling by train from Ayr, the Glendale Arms next to Glengarnock station isn't a bad shout as there's a decent juke box, pool table and the number 25 local bus to Beith stops right outside.

There will be a few of us local Ayr fans (and Ladeside supporting mates) heading there prior to the game for a few anyway and I'm sure Robin (the proprietor) will be only to happy to welcome the fans of the Ayrshire Aces !!

Delighted to see Gary appointed as manager to continue where Archie left off. Hat off to the chairman of the board very pleased that Gary has similar a style and values as Archie.

I expect we will prove to be the better team than Ayr who are for the most part a raggle taggle of scally wags and rascals directed by that mythological moocher maddy McColl. Gary Caldwell is top class the type of class that permeates through to some of the lesser endowed members of the Thistle team.

It's time for us to put our differences behind us and get right behind our new leader Gary. Ayr may have got off to a good start but the bubble is about to burst.

May the best team win.

:king #ingarywetrust

20 minutes ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

Delighted to see Gary appointed as manager to continue where Archie left off. Hat off to the chairman of the board very pleased that Gary has similar a style and values as Archie.

I expect we will prove to be the better team than Ayr who are for the most part a raggle taggle of scally wags and rascals directed by that mythological moocher maddy McColl. Gary Caldwell is top class the type of class that permeates through to some of the lesser endowed members of the Thistle team.

It's time for us to put our differences behind us and get right behind our new leader Gary. Ayr may have got off to a good start but the bubble is about to burst.

May the best team win.

:king #ingarywetrust

Have you been oan the shwalley ??

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Have you been oan the shwalley ??

Oh contraire yeah honest man. Excessive refreshment has not been undertaken by one at this particular junction in time. I do declare that the appropriate occasion for a snifter or two will be after we tan your sorry hides on Saturday.

Comprehende? :hatty

8 hours ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

Oh contraire yeah honest man. Excessive refreshment has not been undertaken by one at this particular junction in time. I do declare that the appropriate occasion for a snifter or two will be after we tan your sorry hides on Saturday.

If one must provide a contrived response to the previous enquiry, one must ensure their vocabulary can support this. A suggestion would be to replace 'junction' with 'juncture'.  And spell 'comprende' properly.

34 minutes ago, RedEd said:

If one must provide a contrived response to the previous enquiry, one must ensure their vocabulary can support this. A suggestion would be to replace 'junction' with 'juncture'.  And spell 'comprende' properly.

Also,

Au contraire

Where did you find this guy??

The last time I heard this much pish was the Dryhorse debacle!!

3 hours ago, RedEd said:

'Ye' instead of 'yeah' also.

5 hours ago, RedEd said:

4 hours ago, mugen_power said:

Also,

Au contraire

4 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Where did you find this guy??

The last time I heard this much pish was the Dryhorse debacle!!

2 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

'Ye' instead of 'yeah' also.

Full of banter today honest men. Come Saturday I will look forward with anticipation to hearing your pathetic patter trying to explain away the tanking Mr Gary Caldwell's Partick Thistle inflict upon you.

If we play our normal patient game building from the back our superior quality and ability will overwhelm your simple kick and run approach. Just saying :whistle

#ingarywetrust :bounce2:bounce4

Getting the train up for this one but been made aware that there isn’t really a train station close to the ground. Best bet to get a train up to Central, go for a couple of beers nearby then get an Uber out to Firhill? Had a look earlier and it’s between £5-£7 which is reasonable. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Getting the train up for this one but been made aware that there isn’t really a train station close to the ground. Best bet to get a train up to Central, go for a couple of beers nearby then get an Uber out to Firhill? Had a look earlier and it’s between £5-£7 which is reasonable. 

St George's Cross is a 5-10 minute walk from memory

ETA: Googled it. 21 minute walk along Maryhill Road, but a couple of pubs on the way. 

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Subway from the city centre to either St George’s X or Kelvinbridge. SGX closer by a few mins but Kelvinbridge has more pubs around it.

Are the surrounding streets still best for car parking  (even if it means paying a ned a couple of quid) ??

Sorry, young "entrepreneur" in today's climate.......

Are the surrounding streets still best for car parking  (even if it means paying a ned a couple of quid) ??
Sorry, young "entrepreneur" in today's climate.......

Plenty of decent parking spots nearby and don’t need to pay. I always park at the student accommodation on Murano St which is less than 5 minutes from the ground.

Archived