Thistle v Ayr 27/10/18

3 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Think that’s a bit of a myth haven’t seen a new manager bounce for Falkirk, Morton have been up and down since they brought in Johansson, United got a bounce against us (but we are dreadful) but still didn’t beat 10 man Inverness at home, Dundee didn’t get it on Saturday from McIntyre either 

We never got it with McCall really either, took us 5 games for a win. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plucky wee Ayr with a huge amount if bouncebackability .

Should be good numbers travelling up for this.

I would also give McDaid a start as he offers a bit more than Forrest. With so many players on form we should maybe operating a rotational policy for everyone except Shankers. 

1-3 The Super

Think that’s a bit of a myth haven’t seen a new manager bounce for Falkirk, Morton have been up and down since they brought in Johansson, United got a bounce against us (but we are dreadful) but still didn’t beat 10 man Inverness at home, Dundee didn’t get it on Saturday from McIntyre either 

As far as Falkirk are concerned no manager could get shite to bounce!

How many pages of Ayr fans suggesting wildly different lineups then arguing over them is standard these days?  4 or 5?  

Most of our crazy selector fans are on WAT I reckon.  Bit boring on here when we're all advocating just playing the guys who look decent, and in their preferred positions.  

Penrice needs to play in midfield for me, ideally just behind Bannigan and Slater. He has been shite ever since he had a run of games there, then got moved back to LB. Against Celtic he was the best player on the park.

28 minutes ago, the_paulo said:

How many pages of Ayr fans suggesting wildly different lineups then arguing over them is standard these days?  4 or 5?  

Most of our crazy selector fans are on WAT I reckon.  Bit boring on here when we're all advocating just playing the guys who look decent, and in their preferred positions.  

As many as it takes for everyone to understand I’m right.

15 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I don't have anything against McDaid, he couldn't break into the team , didn't really show much when he did get a run of games, and disappointed in his loan spell at Cowdenbeath as well, seemed more interested in Instagram likes and coloured boots. Fair play to him for working his way back up, when he left us I thought he'd be playing juniors by now.

Maybe worth giving Melbourne a start, but not at right back this time? Penrice looks a shadow of the player he was 2 months ago, never mind what he must have been like for Livi last year. I was hoping Gordon might be worth a run at right back but he seems gubbed for a while. There's no one else who could really fill in, McCarthy might be the slowest player in the squad, and Spittal at RB would probably be worse.

By most accounts he really improved Ayr after coming on, with a bit of pace if nothing else.  Albeit against a defence with a right back at centre back, a left back at right back and an 18 year old making his debut.  I'd imagine he'll start.

1 hour ago, the_paulo said:

Were just not used to having options. This is the first time in a while we actually have options in most positions so everyone wants in on the act. We are more used to having 4 or 5 players that have to start, 3 or 4 players we hope get no where near the team, and the rest being a bit meh and no one being bothered who plays.

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Were just not used to having options. This is the first time in a while we actually have options in most positions so everyone wants in on the act. We are more used to having 4 or 5 players that have to start, 3 or 4 players we hope get no where near the team, and the rest being a bit meh and no one being bothered who plays.

That's the thing, Forrest, McDaid, Crawford, Moffat, Moore, Adams, Bell are all good but also all expendable at any given time. Nobody can seriously moan that one should be in over another as all have done their bit for us.

Personally, I prefer us starting with Moffat and Forrest but do think McDaid and Moore with their pace and workrate are very unlucky not to be starting, it's just that I think they give us more when introduced as impact players and of course the link up play of Moffat in particular is priceless when he's on it. I also believe Moffat and Shankland have a better understanding than Shankland and Moore, however that's just my opinion and in fairness Moore and Shankland linked up brilliantly at Cappielow.

Who knows, but as said previously it's a pleasant problem to have, especially as McCall seems to be managing the situation well and keeping the entire squad happy.

5 hours ago, WATTOO said:

That's the thing, Forrest, McDaid, Crawford, Moffat, Moore, Adams, Bell are all good but also all expendable at any given time. Nobody can seriously moan that one should be in over another as all have done their bit for us.

Personally, I prefer us starting with Moffat and Forrest but do think McDaid and Moore with their pace and workrate are very unlucky not to be starting, it's just that I think they give us more when introduced as impact players and of course the link up play of Moffat in particular is priceless when he's on it. I also believe Moffat and Shankland have a better understanding than Shankland and Moore, however that's just my opinion and in fairness Moore and Shankland linked up brilliantly at Cappielow.

Who knows, but as said previously it's a pleasant problem to have, especially as McCall seems to be managing the situation well and keeping the entire squad happy.

I was of very similar mind re: Moffat and Shankland but that's two away games in a row that it's taken the introduction of Moore to kick start us. I think Moore and Shankland have finally shown signs of clicking and crucially, Moore looks bang up for it.

Maybe Moffat is suiting the breaking down of teams at home and the more counter attacky/direct mix of Moore, Shankland and McDaid will reap rewards away.

Again, great to have these options. Not just like for like replacements in reserve but plans B and even C.

On 21/10/2018 at 18:37, Sting777 said:

Think most of us will let Caldwell away with Saturday, but yet another defeat on Saturday will definitely start the alarm bells ringing. I am hoping he has a gut out of guys that have underperformed so far this season (that could be most of the team!) and give Coulibaly, Quitongo, Mutumbo, McCarthy and Fitzpatrick the nod. We need to inject pace and skill  into the team and  these guys are long overdue a chance. Can't see Shankland not scoring against our defence so I will go for an entertaining 2-2 draw!

Saying that the alarm bells will be ringing about the manager if he loses his first two games with a squad he inherited and that contains hardly any competent defenders is absurd! All the guys you mentioned might make us better in midfield and going forward, and some/all of them are worth a try although there’s no guarantee with any of them. They won’t stop us losing ridiculous goals though, and I doubt they’ll stop Lawrence Shankland from scoring, as you say. The alarms bells for this season have been ringing for some time, but they are nothing to do with Caldwell. 

4 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

PTFC are a diddy team

We're all diddies at the end of the day. Celtic are the least diddy of Scottish teams, but still diddies in the grand scheme of things.

Ayr are definitely diddier diddies than Thistle, however.

11 hours ago, cilitbang said:

It's a widely accepted fact in the footballing world that if you do not have a Nando’s' in your city/village/row of houses then.. you ARE A DIDDIE!

Ayr has no Nando’s :angel

We've only recently got Electricity in Kilbirnie, what's a Nando ?

Archived