Kilmarnock v Hamilton Accies

Guest Moomintroll

We are being punished at every turn now for having an articulate manager who calls out their incompetence in a reasonable, measured and factual manner. By the same measure why should Darian MacKinnon be punished retrospectively for what was a refereeing error? As[mention=26283]lonewolfie[/mention] has pointed out, the arse cheeks are now behaving with utter impunity as they know nothing will happen, meanwhile other teams are being penalised for everything even when it is the referees fault.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MacKinnon deserves that. A stupid, dangerous challenge that ended up stopping a great chance for us.

Did Stewart headbutt Martin in that tangle on the halfway line?

Never mind, just watched it back. Good to see Stewart going for the full-on headbutt rather than the wee flick that usually constitutes a headbutt.

24 minutes ago, lonewolfie said:

But neiher consistency nor fairness in evidence across all games. Serial cheats like Lustig getting away with despicable behaviour every week.

I don't watch Celtic unless they're playing Killie, same goes for all other Scottish teams, so can't comment.

5 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

MacKinnon given a 2 match ban. Greg Stewart also given a 2 match ban for his headbutt. MacKinnon's tackle was a shocker but I thought if the ref took action which he did with the yellow that was it.

If the referee claims that he didn't see the full extent of the incident then they can still charge the player. I thought it was an awful challenge and deserved a red card, but I'm uncomfortable with these sort of decisions being picked up by the compliance officer. It wasn't deliberate and it wasn't such an excessively awful foul that merited more action.

Stewart's is fair enough I think, although I don't think he would have been punished if it hadn't been mentioned on Sportscene. A decision for the club on whether to contest it and have him eligible for tomorrow, or just accept the ban so that he'll be back for Hearts.

Does the compliance officer watch every minute of every game from all available angles?I would be astonished if they do and I suspect that they rely on the BBC to do the hard work highlighting what "deserves to be looked at". In my opinion they either watch every minute of every game or allow certain things to  go but they cannot just allow the media to highlight what in their opinion is in need of retrospective action.

Archived