Are you right wing?

DA Baracus

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree - and I think the only beneficiaries are folk on the right of politics.

My 16 year old niece is quite political but it's all identity stuff - and that's worrying.

Could be worse. My 13 year old sister is "non binary" (whatever the **** that means) and demands to be called Leo from now on. Ljsl9nQ.png&key=fb14d0feafbd546436fd42a8fa47095bfd5c718779b764b1e90b1d4bc0789abf

These are the only two posts relating to teenagers.

It’s good that these young LGBTQ teens have supportive adults in their lives.

You appear to have a sly dig which takes aim at more than one poster.

I'd appreciate if you didn't lump me in with whatever the f**k bawwatchin is tyring to do on this thread.

Feel free to point out which part of my post you disapprove of.

I wasn’t but looking at your post I have a few questions.

1. Where should trans women seeking refuge go to?

2. Why shouldn’t people be allowed to self-ID?

3. Should trans people have to pay for the privilege of being recognised by the state as the gender they are?

4. Are trans people mentally ill and thus require a diagnosis of gender dysphoria to get their gender legally recognised?

And then ask a series of questions about topics pretty unrelated to my post.

I don't actually know where I stand with any of these particular areas. To repeat, my issue here is with the shutting down of debate. The newsnight section from (I think) Friday night is a good case in point. Transgender activists were apparently refusing to take part in the debate.

The assumption in the original question is flawed. 

There isn't one right and one left. There are many axes and people' position on any one of them isn't always consistent.

For example, on the authoritarian- liberal axis, the right is traditionally at the authoritarian end. There are plenty authoritarian lefties (eg; most of "new" labour, except blair who was a tory) and some liberal tories.

When you throw more complex issues, like diversity and identity in, it gets harder to know what the left and right position is. I'd say there is no clear left or right on burqa rights, for example.

I don't think people can "be" one wing or the other. It depends on the topic in hand. 

9 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

The jews are whiter than white and have no history (previously, or current) of committing atrocities on any level. They have always been victims and victims only.

To suggest otherwise makes you a far right nazi sympathizer who is directly responsible for the holocaust.

You might not be that far away...

11 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

The jews are whiter than white and have no history (previously, or current) of committing atrocities on any level. They have always been victims and victims only.

To suggest otherwise makes you a far right nazi sympathizer who is directly responsible for the holocaust.

One of the stupidest posts I’ve seen on the politics thread.

No but what about issues relating to sport - or women's refuge centres? 
I'm actually not sure whether people should be able to self certify their gender.

But I don't take well to arseholes (just to be clear, not welshy) shutting down debate, and preventing folk like Germaine Greer from voicing her opinion.

I've also got a problem with how much coverage some of these issues are getting in the media. BBC news website is beyond ridiculous these days.

And then ask a series of questions about topics pretty unrelated to my post.

I don't actually know where I stand with any of these particular areas. To repeat, my issue here is with the shutting down of debate. The newsnight section from (I think) Friday night is a good case in point. Transgender activists were apparently refusing to take part in the debate.

You’ve said them here?

I’m interested to know what you think and the last two questions follow on from doubts you’ve raised.

Many trans women don’t want to debate the validity of their existence every single day with people who characterise them as mentally ill rapists and I don’t blame them. I couldn’t begin to imagine how mentally draining it is.

If you want to hear the thoughts of trans activists on these issues then I would recommend Paris Lees, Shon Faye and Munroe Bergdorf as good prominent media figures.

actually not sure where i sit in the spectrum.

I welcome immigrants

I welcome asylum seekers

I think disabled peole should be well looked after

i think unemployed people should work for their benefits

i think minor criminals should be put to work in the community

i think MP's should have their pay capped

i agree with the bevvy levvy

i think parents should be held responsible for the behavour of their kids

i agree with higher corporation tax

i agree with a CEO pay ratio cap

bit of a mismash tbh

2 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Then they're not unemployed and should therefore be paid a fair working wage, no?

i dont think they should work full time.

I think they could work a couple of hours a day litter picking or something.

18 minutes ago, tehvlb said:

i dont think they should work full time.

I think they could work a couple of hours a day litter picking or something.

Do you think unemployment is the fault of the unemployed?

I am an anarchist/libertarian apparently.

It's an American quiz.
https://www.thequiz.com/this-quick-quiz-will-tell-you-if-youre-left-wing-or-right-wing/

That quiz was a lot of shite, I answered that I supported bigger government universal healthcare, state run prisons and apparently that makes me an anarchist.
I have some views on health, education, immigration etc which are firmly in the left wing, I also hold other views on crime (not the cause of crime but rather punishment for violent offences etc) which are firmly in the right. I dont believe any one ideology has got the answer to everything and we have to take the best aspects and ideas to arrive at something that works for everyone.

Do you think unemployment is the fault of the unemployed?

Difficult question, in the main its the fault of those who fucked up the economy, ie not the unemployed, however there are those who simply can’t be arsed, they are in the minority and are portrayed as a majority of the unemployed by the media to create apathy etc towards this section of society.

Archived