Are you right wing?

DA Baracus

There are nutters around on both sides, and they're getting loads of hyped up publicity, but it won't affect how I respond to Fuzzy Afro if he calls himself Peppinno, BawWatchin or Daphne. Keep it on an individual level, and there's no reason for anyone to get wound up about it. The threat of beardy men self identifying as women storming women's toilets to leer is the fiction we're being peddled. It reminds me of the Tories trying to make it illegal for teachers to promote homosexuality in schools, something they had no evidence of ever happening. There may have been a ban on Jews drinking the blood of Christian babies in the past too, not sure.

No but what about issues relating to sport - or women's refuge centres?

I'm actually not sure whether people should be able to self certify their gender.

But I don't take well to arseholes (just to be clear, not welshy) shutting down debate, and preventing folk like Germaine Greer from voicing her opinion.

I've also got a problem with how much coverage some of these issues are getting in the media. BBC news website is beyond ridiculous these days.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

No but what about issues relating to sport - or women's refuge centres?

I'm actually not sure whether people should be able to self certify their gender.

But I don't take well to arseholes shutting down debate, and preventing folk like Germaine Greer from voicing her opinion.

I've also got a problem with how much coverage some of these issues are getting in the media. BBC news website is beyond ridiculous these days.

Again, I've never heard of a case of a self identifying female demanding entrance to a women's refuge. These are all invented scenarios to build up hysteria, and some self identifying females are clearly taking the pish, in some lame alt right style attack on feminism. Who cares if Bradley Manning wants to be known as Chelsea Manning? That's what got Wings obsessed about it all. What's happening is a few relatively rare individuals are getting coopted involuntarily into the so called culture wars, a totally manufactured concept introduced by people whose sole aim is dischord.

Again, I've never heard of a case of a self identifying female demanding entrance to a women's refuge. These are all invented scenarios to build up hysteria, and some self identifying females are clearly taking the pish, in some lame alt right style attack on feminism. Who cares if Bradley Manning wants to be known as Chelsea Manning? That's what got Wings obsessed about it all. What's happening is a few relatively rare individuals are getting coopted involuntarily into the so called culture wars, a totally manufactured concept introduced by people whose sole aim is dischord.
I agree - and I think the only beneficiaries are folk on the right of politics.

My 16 year old niece is quite political but it's all identity stuff - and that's worrying.

19 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I agree - and I think the only beneficiaries are folk on the right of politics.

My 16 year old niece is quite political but it's all identity stuff - and that's worrying.

Could be worse. My 13 year old sister is "non binary" (whatever the **** that means) and demands to be called Leo from now on. Ljsl9nQ.png

21 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

My personal favourite are the Tony Blair types. Who think they can justify their right wing shitebaggery by sticking a pseudo left spin on it. Bless their little hearts.

I'm sorry if I didn't do it right, and I'm sorry if you assume that I eat red meat and don't necessarily think money or Tony Blair are a bad thing. But if there isn't room here for people who stand against everything you believe in, then what sort of a hippy free-for-all is this? 

It’s good that these young LGBTQ teens have supportive adults in their lives.
I'd appreciate if you didn't lump me in with whatever the f**k bawwatchin is tyring to do on this thread.

Feel free to point out which part of my post you disapprove of.

I'd appreciate if you didn't lump me in with whatever the f**k bawwatchin is tyring to do on this thread.

Feel free to point out which part of my post you disapprove of.

I wasn’t but looking at your post I have a few questions.

1. Where should trans women seeking refuge go to?

2. Why shouldn’t people be allowed to self-ID?

3. Should trans people have to pay for the privilege of being recognised by the state as the gender they are?

4. Are trans people mentally ill and thus require a diagnosis of gender dysphoria to get their gender legally recognised?

Archived