QotS v Falkirk

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Falkirk fans claim the "Grangemouth" jibes don't affect them but you can guarantee one of them will bite every single time someone uses it

It's like me, I ALWAYS say I am from the Borders, it's too much hassle trying to tell people Dumfries isn't in that region!

3 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I've been watching 35 years and can't think of worse. Hogarth comes close. As does Flinders. 

I think the fact that we're so utterly shite all over the park is highlighting his ineptitude somewhat. I would say that the two you mention were worse as were the likes of Higgins, Hill and probably somebody else. :unsure:

Dobbie for Scotland ha ha ha. Single handedly saving a team from relegation to the third tier, is admirable

To be fair we played 3 games with Dobbie last season and earned 6 points, that alone would’ve saved us from relegation last year, good try tho

42 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

It's like me, I ALWAYS say I am from the Borders, it's too much hassle trying to tell people Dumfries isn't in that region!

I think we've bigger things to get riled about this season. To be both fair and honest, Grangemouth is nowhere near as bad as parts of Falkirk. Or Glasgow. Or a lot of places. 

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Tbf I don't think there's any question we'd be fighting relegation (or already been relegated) if it wasn't for Dobbie.

Nonsense. Dobbie is our best player by miles but I always find it ridiculous when people say things like that. It's completely unjustifiable. If we didn't have Dobbie chances are we wouldn't go out and play with 10 men. Someone else would play, and other players would be at the club. It might work out well, it might not, chances are we'd be worse than we are. But we weren't relegated in the 3 years before Dobbie came back and there's no reason to presume we would be without him. We haven't really come particularly close in the last three seasons either. A 7th place and a 6th place but reasonably well clear of the bottom two.

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nonsense. Dobbie is our best player by miles but I always find it ridiculous when people say things like that. It's completely unjustifiable. If we didn't have Dobbie chances are we wouldn't go out and play with 10 men. Someone else would play, and other players would be at the club. It might work out well, it might not, chances are we'd be worse than we are. But we weren't relegated in the 3 years before Dobbie came back and there's no reason to presume we would be without him. We haven't really come particularly close in the last three seasons either. A 7th place and a 6th place but reasonably well clear of the bottom two.

You achieved your highest place in yonks without him too.

Debatable possibly but I wouldn't say it's nonsense.

We had Lyle, Reilly and Russell getting us goals before Dobbie re-joined so we were never really in serious danger of not getting goals before he returned. I'd say that would be the case if you took him out this side though.

Last season I took his goals away and I'm sure we would have ended up 9th. There's an argument to be made other players would have taken his chances but given some of Dobbie's goals, I'm skeptical that'd be the case. We would have another striker if Dobbie wasn't here and looking at the squad, he'd also be the man we pinned our hopes on for goals. I doubt he'd be as good as Dobbie and therefore I think we'd definitely be struggling down at the bottom.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Debatable possibly but I wouldn't say it's nonsense.

We had Lyle, Reilly and Russell getting us goals before Dobbie re-joined so we were never really in serious danger of not getting goals before he returned. I'd say that would be the case if you took him out this side though.

Last season I took his goals away and I'm sure we would have ended up 9th. There's an argument to be made other players would have taken his chances but given some of Dobbie's goals, I'm skeptical that'd be the case. We would have another striker if Dobbie wasn't here and looking at the squad, he'd also be the man we pinned our hopes on for goals. I doubt he'd be as good as Dobbie and therefore I think we'd definitely be struggling down at the bottom.

I'm with you on this.  

Of course it can't be measured or quantified with certainty, but given how much better than everyone else Dobbie is, it does not require much of a leap to suggest we'd be significantly worse off without him.  Significantly worse would have had us fighting relegation during the last two seasons.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This could have been so much better. Please take more time in future.

I know. My tea was ready. We were having hoops.

6 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

hoops?

zr6kh6j9nwoz.jpg.357be6f0aec74780b7a9629c28e1016a.jpg

That’s the ones. Quite nice with something else to take the taste away.

Of no interest, but saw boxes and boxes of these and hunners’ of boxes of chicken feet getting unloaded of a BA plane in Barbados......

It also nails our summer recruitment policy...

Archived