QotS v Falkirk

Just listen for the team announcements. If any three or more of Haber, Muirhead, Dallison, Harrison, Paton, Brough, Lewis are in the starting line up, the points are safe and sound in the QotS bag.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Just listen for the team announcements. If any three or more of Haber, Muirhead, Dallison, Harrison, Paton, Brough, Lewis are in the starting line up, the points are safe and sound in the QotS bag.

Feel that's hard on Brough. He's not brilliant but he's been fairly solid IMO.

Yes, that’s fair enough tbh. He gets tarred with the same brush as the other guff, but the lad has got on with it as best he can.

Probably the only one from south of the border who might be able to establish himself at this level. It’s got to be a bit of a lonely lifestyle for the lad at the moment.

Not sure what to think of Fasan being dropped. He was comfortably Falkirk's best player against us last time so I'm leaning towards seeing it as a positive. He was caught unaware with the first, but I expect many 'keepers would have been. The second was a one on one, which could have went either way, the defender was to blame there. The 3rd he really should have saved though.

I've been nervous playing Falkirk in the past but never for the reason that it'll be an embarrassment if we get beat. You have to imagine Dobbie will be tightly marked this time, so hopefully Dykes finds his shooting boots this week.

Not sure what to think of Fasan being dropped. He was comfortably Falkirk's best player against us last time so I'm leaning towards seeing it as a positive. He was caught unaware with the first, but I expect many 'keepers would have been. The second was a one on one, which could have went either way, the defender was to blame there. The 3rd he really should have saved though.

I've been nervous playing Falkirk in the past but never for the reason that it'll be an embarrassment if we get beat. You have to imagine Dobbie will be tightly marked this time, so hopefully Dykes finds his shooting boots this week.
Suspended following stupidity.

But of course the keeper will stand out as he inevitably saves several of the 30 shots coming his way whilst no one else in the team puts in anything resembling a shift.

There was no pressure on him that day it was shooty in.

He is fucking shite.

Suspended following stupidity.

But of course the keeper will stand out as he inevitably saves several of the 30 shots coming his way whilst no one else in the team puts in anything resembling a shift.

There was no pressure on him that day it was shooty in.

He is fucking shite.
Aye, sorry. Dunno why I put dropped. Aye that's probably it. I'm certainly not arguing that he isn't shite. It appears to be a universal opinion among your support [emoji38]

We have no-one capable of “tightly marking” Dobbie. Muirhead would get himself sent off, Dallison simply incapable, Harrison too slow. Paton completely and utterly finished at any level of the pro game. I know it sounds like Bairns supporters are constantly hammering their own players just for the sake of it, but we are not.

At this level, to lose 8 out of 9 games, score twice in two games, and only once in the other 7 games isn’t the DNA of s team that just isn’t clicking. It’s a team With three or four or five players who are currently plying their trade several levels above where they should be. Lewis, Dallison, Harrison Paton and Fasan  in particular, shouldn’t be able to earn money playing football. They are the sort of guys who should be paying £3.50 every Sunday morning to play on local council operated pitches.

Dallison looks like Olivier Giroud, but sadly, he plays like Betty Boop.

Lewis just gets himself into such a state whenever the ball comes near him. Looks the part when the ball is nowhere near him though.

Dobbie for Scotland ha ha ha. Single handedly saving a team from relegation to the third tier, is admirable, and I’m jealous we don’t have that luxury at the moment, but that shouldn’t be the basis of a Scotland call up.

We were a bit tighter defensively on Saturday but Morton weren’t great and Queens have much better attacking options. Dobbie to score 6 imo.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye, sorry. Dunno why I put dropped. Aye that's probably it. I'm certainly not arguing that he isn't shite. It appears to be a universal opinion among your support emoji38.png

He was fucking shite against you lot as well. Flapped Dobbie's third in embarrassingly.

He's one of the worst keepers we've had. And that includes Darren Hill and Hogarth

He was fucking shite against you lot as well. Flapped Dobbie's third in embarrassingly.

He's one of the worst keepers we've had. And that includes Darren Hill and Hogarth

He really wasn't. We've had some stinkers in between the sticks and that particular performance was nowhere near shite. He kept the scoreline respectable as the dross in front of him gave him little protection. He made a couple of excellent stops as well.

As I said earlier, he should have done better with the 3rd, but remembering that and forgetting the cracking saves is harsh.

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He really wasn't. We've had some stinkers in between the sticks and that particular performance was nowhere near shite. He kept the scoreline respectable as the dross in front of him gave him little protection. He made a couple of excellent stops as well.

As I said earlier, he should have done better with the 3rd, but remembering that and forgetting the cracking saves is harsh.

He was badly at fault with the first one as well.

Archived