QotS v Falkirk

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Yes, I'd not seen it as particularly remarkable.

It looks grim with zero atmosphere.

No atmosphere! I'm sure that's where a few supporters sit with the old wooden rattles. What more atmosphere do you want?

What's your problem with the announcer btw? 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, Fae_the_ said:
No atmosphere! I'm sure that's where a few supporters sit with the old wooden rattles. What more atmosphere do you want?
What's your problem with the announcer btw? 

He was fucking ridculous.

In what way specifically did he upset you?

23 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Leaving aside recruiting from English lower reaches, was a big overhaul of the squad necessary anyway?

Yes.

Although there are various revisionists within our squad who paint a rosey picture of us flying high under Houston last season before he was unfairly punted to bring in Hartley who made a shite job from Day 1, getting rid of POTS contenders Mark Kerr and Lee Miller.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Yes, I'd not seen it as particularly remarkable.

It looks grim with zero atmosphere.

You should come down for a category A or  B match - it is like the curva sud in the San Siro.

9 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

One of your own posters put up a picture showing Dobbie  kicking it out of Mitchell's hands literally a couple of hours ago, so no, the keeper was not fortunate at all.

Yep. Saw the still photo.  Dobbie’s foot is on the ball. The goalie’s hands are touching the ball. Which got there first? Has the keeper got control of the ball? I don’t think the photo answers these conclusively. Good initial save and football justice, if it existed, would say he deserved to keep it out the net, I suppose.

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
11 hours ago, Fae_the_ said:
In what way specifically did he upset you?

Are u the announcer m8?

Funnily enough I guessed that would be your response. No  I'm not the announcer,  not related to or friendly with the announcer,   but just curious as to what he did to upset you. Surely as a Falkirk fan our clubs  announcer would be very low on the list of things to get annoyed about. 

Funnily enough I guessed that would be your response. No  I'm not the announcer,  not related to or friendly with the announcer,   but just curious as to what he did to upset you. Surely as a Falkirk fan our clubs  announcer would be very low on the list of things to get annoyed about. 
Not sure I ever said I was annoyed m8. I was just asking. He seemed totally disinterested and lacked knowledge of your teamsheet when the subs were happening. Sounded to me like someone who had been subbed in last minute.

I found it odd enough to pass comment on.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not sure I ever said I was annoyed m8. I was just asking. He seemed totally disinterested and lacked knowledge of your teamsheet when the subs were happening. Sounded to me like someone who had been subbed in last minute.

I found it odd enough to pass comment on.

It was the regular guy. He has been an every week Queens fan for over 50 years.

He just doesnt sound interested or enthusiastic. The bit about recriminations for offensive behaviour was about the only time I heard and laughter break out in our end. I just found the whole thing quite odd.

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
59 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He just doesnt sound interested or enthusiastic. The bit about recriminations for offensive behaviour was about the only time I heard and laughter break out in our end. I just found the whole thing quite odd.

It's standard procedure at every SPFL ground,  or should be,  that the policy for offensive and unacceptable behaviour is given out,  afaik, maybe even more so on Saturday given Falkirk fans' recent history.  Still as long as you and your fellow fans found something to make you smile in the face of adversity. 

On 28/10/2018 at 14:39, trotsky27 said:

Neil Doncaster in the directors box any reason why?

IMG_3600.jpg

A serious answer. I imagine that as CEO of th Scottish Professional Football League, Doncaster visits many/most/all member clubs over the course of a season and it was Queens' turn to be exalted by his presence.  I'd have put him in a corner somewhere, but no real surprise that our fermer ex-Chairman is fawning all over him as he seems to have a liking for 'the Rangers'.

3 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

A serious answer. I imagine that as CEO of th Scottish Professional Football League, Doncaster visits many/most/all member clubs over the course of a season and it was Queens' turn to be exalted by his presence.  I'd have put him in a corner somewhere, but no real surprise that our fermer ex-Chairman is fawning all over him as he seems to have a liking for 'the Rangers'.

He was at our place a few weeks ago I'm sure.

Archived