Beith vs Ayr - Ayrshire Derby

D'Jaffo

I thought Beith had jumped ship to the seniors like Kevin Nash and Scott Hall.  Who's the senior team who didn't drop the 'Juniors' bit of their name?

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Beith had jumped ship to the seniors like Kevin Nash and Scott Hall.  Who's the senior team who didn't drop the 'Juniors' bit of their name?
Camelon & Tranent have retained the moniker.

Theres only been an exodus to senior football out east. The west/north have yet to see any movement.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

They were the juniors at the time Hall and Nash jumped. It'd be like Beith making the jump and then all of a sudden, all of the junior teams make up the Premiership.

Just now, Principal Flutie said:

They were the juniors at the time Hall and Nash jumped. It'd be like Beith making the jump and then all of a sudden, all of the junior teams make up the Premiership.

Great analogy there, brother.

On 20/10/2018 at 22:16, paulbrucerick said:

Don't think so. Obviously it's local(ish), 26 miles, and nobody wants to lose to a junior side. Talbot or Cumnock would have been tastier imho.

Hurlford surely, to get the Killie fans in a frenzy of expectation :)

Morton took a fringe team to Beith and pumped them 6-0. I don't forsee Ayr having too many problems here, and if they take it seriously, should be able to hand out something a lot worse than that.

Can’t see us taking a fringe team tbh. Will likely rotate but I’m sure the people of Beith will arrive in their numbers to see Sir Lawrence Shankland of Ayr.

13 hours ago, nearly man said:

You'll find it was more or less a full team that Morton put out at Beith , nine of the players that started played in the next round against  Falkirk and also nine started at Ibrox unless that was a fringe team as well

Yeah, we were 3 or 4 players away from what was our strongest line-up that season. Murdoch, Doyle, Nesbitt, and Gunning were all on the bench, and probably 3 out of the 4 would have started if it was a league match. Duffy did tinker with line-ups quite a bit, but while there was a little more tinkering than usual that day it could hardly be called a fringe team. 

15 hours ago, nearly man said:

You'll find it was more or less a full team that Morton put out at Beith , nine of the players that started played in the next round against  Falkirk and also nine started at Ibrox unless that was a fringe team as well

I'd assume that we will be making a few changes which would include the likes of Moore rather than Shankland, maybe Chris Higgins back in, Ross Docherty and David Ferguson will also most probably be playing, however it will still be a strong team irrespective of who plays.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Any ideas anyone, if this match will be all ticket or pay at the gate ?

I'm also assuming it will be a 1.30pm or 2pm kick off ??

Presumably 13:30, same as two years ago when Bonnyrigg and Beith played in the third round at that time.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Presumably 13:30, same as two years ago when Bonnyrigg and Beith played in the third round at that time.

Unless the police deem otherwise, it will be pay at the gate.

Small ground with difficulties segregating areas but were arrangements in place for games v Morton and Airdrie and were no problems.
Why should it be different v Ayr?
Good atmosphere for those past games with fans acceptance of the novelty of wee team v big team cup tie.

Games against Morton and Airdrie ran smoothly, extra toilets and snack bar for away fans and sheltered cover as well

Ayr will hammer them, the gaps between Juniors and Championship is huge.

How insightful. A league with a number of full time teams is better than some semi professional teams in a lower league.

Obviously it will be a comfortable win for Ayr. Beith will be happy with a full house and the money that will bring.

In fairness we struggled away to Lochee a few years back and ended up drawing before stuffing them at Somerset.  Having said that the pitch was horrendous (full of mud) and that Ayr team was nowhere near as good as this current Ayr side, however it should be an interesting afternoon and a really good tie for the good folks of both North & South Ayrshire.

Archived