Beith vs Ayr - Ayrshire Derby

D'Jaffo

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

Don't think so. Obviously it's local(ish), 26 miles, and nobody wants to lose to a junior side. Talbot or Cumnock would have been tastier imho.

2 miles for me and quite a few Ayr fans from around the Garnock valley and North Ayrshire in general.

21 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Will this be seen as a big deal in Ayrshire?

Beith fans were literally foaming at the mouth* when we turned up and comfortably beat them 6-0 two years ago, so gawd knows what will happen when this game comes around.

*not sure if this is a normal thing for people born and bred in Ayrshire TBH.

Beith fans were literally foaming at the mouth* when we turned up and comfortably beat them 6-0 two years ago, so gawd knows what will happen when this game comes around.
*not sure if this is a normal thing for people born and bred in Ayrshire TBH.

Fantastic post. You must have considered the content for hours

I remember you saying Forfar would run out comfortable winners v Linlithgow...

Did I?

Looked back and apart from me being a wee fanny I never said that. Was clearly taking the piss by saying if Linlithgow won it would be one of their biggest scalps ever after being given stick about our Irvine Meadow game. I really enjoyed Linlithgow beating Forfar.

Still, Ayr have been running the scores up against L1 and Championship teams for the past season and a bit. Think a big crowd and big game atmosphere going into a game where there confident could end up a hiding.

Archived