Beith vs Ayr - Ayrshire Derby

D'Jaffo

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/25/2018 at 20:36, Wile E Coyote said:

Will any Ayr fans actually get the train to Auchinleck. There is no direct route so it would be a train to Kilmarnock and then one to Auchinleck and trains south of Kilmarnock are not that frequent. If you are getting public transport there are two direct bus routes from Ayr to Auchinleck. Much less hassle in my opinion

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2018 at 18:16, Honest_Man#1 said:

Nope. Highland League are happy to be part of the pyramid and deserve respect for having the balls to do so. Juniors like Talbot who act billy big bollocks but are terrified to leave their wee play pen deserve none and need put back in their box like today.

Happy to help.

Two weeks on and I'm still pretty peeved about that ignorant reply, here's why.

I'm well known to support Largs Thistle being in the pyramid.  In a survey conducted by the SJFA, 99 of 158 junior sides of last season supported backed joining the pyramid. Some of those who didn't reply positively, such as Dunbar, joined the East seniors this season anyway!

Next month, we'll be  playing St Roch's in the Scottish Junior Cup fifth round. As far back at 2013, St Roch's, then in the lower reaches of the juniors, signified an interest in the then to be launched Lowland League. As a club in one of the most deprived areas of Glasgow, they run homework clubs, christmas dinners for the homeless and support charity initiatives from Celtic - but, as they've not YET went senior, would you still agree, if in some context they were to play Ayr, they should be put "back in their box"?

Or is it the Lowland and Highland league sides come from "nicer bits of the country" I suspect? This may be a drum I bang on a lot, but not without merit I suspect.

That's the short version, though I could go on all day against ignorant nonsense and I've two 4,000 word each match programmes to finish for Monday and night shift. The pyramid IS coming, whether more reluctant sides like Talbot like it or not. I wonder what you'll be saying in a year or so...

@Loondave1 - I see you liked Honest_Man's reply, though your side scrapped by BSC Glasgow, who don't have a home ground in Glasgow, and won't have one any time soon, after souring their relationship with tennants Maryhill. Do THEY deserve to be in the Scottish Cup, would you say?

Yes I'm aware my writing is very stream of consciousness when I'm dealing with ignorance. 

On 9/14/2017 at 19:16, Hillonearth said:

The first season BSC were model tenants and to be fair we didn't have any problems with them at all...the only criticism would be their initial misrepresentation of exactly how many home games they'd be playing, although that may have been naivete on their part in not realising the amount of cups they were obligated to compete in. Relations were sufficiently cordial that they invited some of our committee members on to theirs - no takers though - you have to have an affinity for a club to want to take on that role.

There was some initial sounding us out of the possibility of an actual merger...we did give it some degree of consideration to be fair, but came down on the side of saying no. Frankly, there wasn't enough in it for us, we have 130+ years of history as an independent club and were unwilling to give that up and we'd also have been left very much junior partners in the enterprise (forgive the pun) with second call on our own ground, which perhaps was the BSC endgame all along...you'd need to answer that one.  Our long term future were this to happen also was far from clear...anyone remember Spartans Juniors?

The first close season was a bit of a comedy of errors...as we freely admit, the pitch required urgent attention which we wanted to address as soon as possible. BSC "knew a guy who could fix it" however, so we waited. And waited. Finally, said guy showed up about two or three weeks prior to the start of the season and proceeded to drive something that apparently looked like an armoured personnel carrier over the park doing more harm than good, leaving us to patch it up as best we could before the start of the season...obviously the lack of work on it over the close season meant it was even worse the following season. As alluded to, postponements piled up for both sides the next season, though being lectured to about the state of your ground by a side that's never owned or had to maintain one is a bit like being criticised for your fashion sense by a pish stained jakey.

At any rate, the second season was where things unravelled. Once we'd made it clear that there was to be no merger (and no first call for them on the ground?), it became progressively more difficult to extract their end of the deal from them, to the point we were ready to lock the gates and flip the lights off an hour prior to one of their midweek games unless they fronted some of it up. 

And then they were gone. Owing.

As I said, it eventually went to SFA arbitration - several meetings actually, as they were cavalier enough not to show up for the first couple. They tried every trick they could think of to get out of the contract they'd signed .including attempting to make out that we were prevented by our terms of occupation of Lochburn from subletting it, and thus they couldn't possibly owe us. False obviously and proven so by a letter from a certain Crown Dependency.

And that comes back to why they're playing in Alloa. Closer to Glasgow, the juniors are really the only game in town if you're looking for a groundshare that isn't prohibitively expensive for the crowds they attract, and it's unlikely in the extreme any side would entertain them as a tenant after our experiences - and also those of Ashfield, who they walked out on without kicking a ball - word's out.

And that's "what it is" - sometimes you should be careful what you wish for.

2 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

I'm well known to support Largs Thistle being in the pyramid.  In a survey conducted by the SJFA, 99 of 158 junior sides of last season supported backed joining the pyramid. Some of those who didn't reply positively, such as Dunbar, joined the East seniors this season anyway! Next month, we'll be  playing St Roch's in the Scottish Junior Cup fifth round.

As far back at 2013, St Roch's signified an interest in the then to be launched Lowland League. As a club in one of the most deprived areas of Glasgow, they run homework clubs, christmas dinners for the homeless and support charity initiatives from Celtic - but, as they've not YET went senior, would you still agree, if in some context they were to play Ayr, they should be put "back in their box"?

Or is it the Lowland and Highland league sides come from nicer bits of the country I suspect?

That's the short version, though I could go on all day against ignorant nonsense and I've two 4,000 word each match programmes to finish for Monday and night shift. The pyramid IS coming, whether more reluctant sides like Talbot like it or not. I wonder what you'll be saying in a year or so...

@Loondave1 - I see you liked Honest_Man's reply, though your side scrapped by BSC Glasgow, who don't have a home ground in Glasgow, and won't have one any time soon, after souring their relationship with tennants Maryhill. Do THEY deserve to be in the Scottish Cup, would you say?

683E06F7-4BB6-44CD-8DC9-6D65A4F15B9A.gif.d527a9337c6fe3733c176d20ca980ddd.gif

50 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

I'm well known to support Largs Thistle being in the pyramid.  In a survey conducted by the SJFA, 99 of 158 junior sides of last season supported backed joining the pyramid. Some of those who didn't reply positively, such as Dunbar, joined the East seniors this season anyway!

Next month, we'll be  playing St Roch's in the Scottish Junior Cup fifth round. As far back at 2013, St Roch's, then in the lower reaches of the juniors, signified an interest in the then to be launched Lowland League. As a club in one of the most deprived areas of Glasgow, they run homework clubs, christmas dinners for the homeless and support charity initiatives from Celtic - but, as they've not YET went senior, would you still agree, if in some context they were to play Ayr, they should be put "back in their box"?

Or is it the Lowland and Highland league sides come from "nicer bits of the country" I suspect? This may be a drum I bang on a lot, but not without merit I suspect.

Yes I'm aware my writing is very stream of consciousness when I'm dealing with ignorance. 

What a fucking state to get yourself into 

What a fucking state to get yourself into 

Treat me with respect for god sakes. How do you know what’s going on in my life? Someone ought to reply to my original points rather than lower themselves to green dot gathering memes.

It’s a perfectly valid post I wrote. You are aware PCCabe, who became the butt of jokes on pie and b, attempted to take his own life?

Treat me with respect for god sakes. How do you know what’s going on in my life? Someone ought to reply to my original points rather than lower themselves to green dot gathering memes.

It’s a perfectly valid post I wrote. You are aware PCCabe, who became the butt of jokes on pie and b, attempted to take his own life?

Right that’s it folks no more joking around.

Seriously though, if you don’t like the replies or responses you get then there’s an ignore function specially for that.

2 hours ago, Sunrise said:

I don't think it's very fair posting stuff like that, if your life's that bad that you can't handle the place, for your own sake, don't post, you really can't expect everyone to tiptoe through here just in case someone is having a bad time.

Archived