Beith vs Ayr - Ayrshire Derby

D'Jaffo

Well done to ayr United today and best wishes in the next round. 
Spoke to loads of Ayr fans who loved their day out today, it was something different for them and they were a genuine bunch who got on great with us over a few beers. 
We took it as far as we could against a top championship team and we gave them a few nerves in doing so via the aforementioned 68 minutes that were  0-0 , im as proud as ever to be a beith fan after today and good luck to Ayr for the season ahead [emoji4]
Realistically this is what most Talbot fans can see with our fixture against Ayr as well. But we will give it our all. You never know what can happen in a home cup fixture[emoji1]

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They’re still a bunch of junior diddies.

Fed up of folk trying to say these teams can mix it with professional outfits.

Ayr have never ever shown they can mix it long term with the big boys. Over 40 years since they last done so. I can’t see a shock in this tie and fully expect Talbot to win by a few goals. 

Ayr have never ever shown they can mix it long term with the big boys. Over 40 years since they last done so. I can’t see a shock in this tie and fully expect Talbot to win by a few goals. 

So we’ve never ever done it or we’ve not done it for a while? That’s two completely different things there champ but I’ll let you off with it since you’re clearly a bit thick.

Although it’s a good thing we’re not playing a big team and it’s only lowly Auchinleck we’re up against. Might’ve been problematic otherwise.

39 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Now the wee South Ayrshire team venture into East Ayrshire where they have not won a game since way before the turn of the century.  Beith are a good team but the Talbot are a different prospect. After the bot win they might show you a cup or two they have won.  East Ayrshire clubs seem to win things. 

:lol:

Maybe some Ayr fans can also bring along toy trophies they’ve won playing Sunday League football to show as well.

[emoji38]
Maybe some Ayr fans can also bring along toy trophies they’ve won playing Sunday League football to show as well.
Ohh you Bitter little man lol.

Why do his like you have to come on and be negative? Ffs man this has a great cup fixture feel about it.

Just imagine how you feel when you play Killie. That's how we feel when we play them too.

I would have thought being a honest man you would have some respect but obviously you are the 1% idiot of the Ayr fanbase.

Giruy daftie

1 hour ago, the west curve said:

Now the wee South Ayrshire team venture into East Ayrshire where they have not won a game since way before the turn of the century.  Beith are a good team but the Talbot are a different prospect. After the bot win they might show you a cup or two they have won.  East Ayrshire clubs seem to win things. 

1 hour ago, the west curve said:

What a fucking loser :lol:

Why do his like you have to come on and be negative? Ffs man this has a great cup fixture feel about it.

Just imagine how you feel when you play Killie. That's how we feel when we play them too.

I would have thought being a honest man you would have some respect but obviously you are the 1% idiot of the Ayr fanbase.

Giruy daftie

From reading his post I detected zero bitterness so I’ve no idea what you mean by that. Bitter that you’ve won junior cups? Nonsense

This is a great tie but I’m not going to pretend to have any real respect for Auchinleck.

Your banter is absolutely honking mate. You'd be best winding it in a wee bit.

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

So we’ve never ever done it or we’ve not done it for a while? That’s two completely different things there champ but I’ll let you off with it since you’re clearly a bit thick.

Although it’s a good thing we’re not playing a big team and it’s only lowly Auchinleck we’re up against. Might’ve been problematic otherwise.

Ayr will struggle against the Talbot. They only got the better of Beith late on and Talbot are a better team. I will refrain from offering you personal abuse as that is best left to the thickos.

9 hours ago, the west curve said:

When was the last time you lot won in South Ayrshire. ? Riddy.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

They’re still a bunch of junior diddies.

Fed up of folk trying to say these teams can mix it with professional outfits.

At the end of the day beith for a "diddie" team did quite well yesterday considering they were up against probably a team that is in the top 15 in the country and it was only Ayrs superior fitness in last 20 mins or so that was telling. Ayr correct me if I'm wrong are full time, junior clubs like beith n Talbot train twice a week.  A club like Ayr should be showing their class against smaller outfits like us. As for not being able to mix it with the pro clubs I'm sure the likes of beith Talbot's n hurlfords could hold their own in league 2 and possibly the lower teams in league 1. The most ardant of junior teams would never think we could mix it with teams in championship clubs. I'm sure if Ayr were away to say Albion rovers etc yesterday there would have been a similar scoreline. Anyway hope you enjoyed your day yesterday and good luck for rest of season. 

Well done to Beith yesterday, competed well. Ayr knocked the ball about well though. Pretty sure the tactics would have been to keep the ball moving, keep Beith chasing, and around the hour mark the superior fitness and ability will start to show (if it hasn’t beforehand). That’s pretty much what happened.

9 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Giruy daftie

Ooft, heads gone just because I don’t consider Junior cups to be of any more worth than my Primary 7 Sports day medal. Delicious.

1 hour ago, stumpy said:

As for not being able to mix it with the pro clubs I'm sure the likes of beith Talbot's n hurlfords could hold their own in league 2 and possibly the lower teams in league 1. 

Unfortunately you’ll never know as you all shat it when given the option to prove it. 

Archived