Beith vs Ayr - Ayrshire Derby

D'Jaffo

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Comfortable. Talbot away in the next round to really put the Juniors back in their box would be nice.

I presume had they lost to Fraserburgh today, you would have said you wanted to put the Highland League back in its box too?

9 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

I presume had they lost to Fraserburgh today, you would have said you wanted to put the Highland League back in its box too?

Nope. Highland League are happy to be part of the pyramid and deserve respect for having the balls to do so. Juniors like Talbot who act billy big bollocks but are terrified to leave their wee play pen deserve none and need put back in their box like today.

Happy to help.

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Nope. Highland League are happy to be part of the pyramid and deserve respect for having the balls to do so. Juniors like Talbot who act billy big bollocks but are terrified to leave their wee play pen deserve none and need put back in their box like today.

Happy to help.

What about South of Scotland League sides who've refused promotion to the Lowland? Don't forget it wasn't long ago this forum loathed Highland League Brora... and the Highland hasn't always been keen on the pyramid too.

There'll be a (full) pyramid next year anyhow, whether individual clubs like it or not. Patronising nonsense. And I support the pyramid, which I've written about at length in the Largs Thistle programme.

Diddy club roll call

1. Can of lager thrown onto the pitch :lol:

2. 65 weans playing on the pitch at half time :lol:

3. Seggie fence stolen from local building renovation works :lol:

4. Big fat baldy number 5 (although, he actually played well and lasted the pace) :lol:

5. Paper Roses :lol:

6. *** songs :lol:

7. The slope :lol:

Best of luck for the rest of your season Beith!

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Diddy club roll call

1. Can of lager thrown onto the pitch :lol:

2. 65 weans playing on the pitch at half time :lol:

3. Seggie fence stolen from local building renovation works :lol:

4. Big fat baldy number 5 (although, he actually played well and lasted the pace) :lol:

5. Paper Roses :lol:

6. *** songs :lol:

7. The slope :lol:

Best of luck for the rest of your season Beith!

The big lad got more and more erratic as the game progressed - by the end he was just heading it in any direction (usually to on-rushing Ayr players). 

Was a bit concerned until I heard Beith's right back was saying "i'm shattered" when he went to take a throw in at the start of the second half, then I knew it was only a matter of time.

Good wee day out, look forward to Beechwood!

Well done to ayr United today and best wishes in the next round. 

Spoke to loads of Ayr fans who loved their day out today, it was something different for them and they were a genuine bunch who got on great with us over a few beers. 

We took it as far as we could against a top championship team and we gave them a few nerves in doing so via the aforementioned 68 minutes that were  0-0 , im as proud as ever to be a beith fan after today and good luck to Ayr for the season ahead :)

Now the wee South Ayrshire team venture into East Ayrshire where they have not won a game since way before the turn of the century.  Beith are a good team but the Talbot are a different prospect. After the bot win they might show you a cup or two they have won.  East Ayrshire clubs seem to win things. 

Now the wee South Ayrshire team venture into East Ayrshire where they have not won a game since way before the turn of the century.  Beith are a good team but the Talbot are a different prospect. After the bot win they might show you a cup or two they have won.  East Ayrshire clubs seem do win things. 

They’re still a bunch of junior diddies.

Fed up of folk trying to say these teams can mix it with professional outfits.

Archived