Beith vs Ayr - Ayrshire Derby

D'Jaffo

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bellsdale Boy said:
11 hours ago, itzdrk said:
Anything less than 90 goals is a disgrace on Saturday. 

Agree, I'd imagine Collins and Milliken will be looking to score at least 40 each with Christie, Frize and Bradley chipping in with at least 5 to 10 each. Beith 107-0 Ayr..... anything less will probably result in the committee and management being hanged at dawn on Sunday.

There's a lot of l and i there, that is what I took from this post. 

Shankers is needing a few goals to get his confidence up after his scoring drought :)

I think he'd settle for putting 8 or 9 past this mob...with Forrest getting the other 6, since his brother has scored 5 this week, he needs to go one better :)

59 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

The image of getting off at Glengarnock station for an Ayr game is confusing my wee brain! Really looking forward to it though. While its not an epic trip like Wick or Brora it still holds plenty of appeal. Weather looks ok too, dry but not frosty.

I'm just happy that I've got an "away game" less than 2 miles from my house !!

On 11/20/2018 at 13:16, WATTOO said:

Alternatively nip into the Glendale Arms (on left hand side as you walk off the platform) for a few pre-match pints with the good Ayr supporting Kilbirnie boys !!

Pub opens at 11am.

Bus times as follows (Bus stop is directly opposite Pub)

Stagecoach X36 at 13.05 (5 min journey) (double decker)

Stagecoach#25 12.55pm (5 min journey)  (smaller bus usually)

McGills 904 at 1.00pm (5 min journey)

Sure the Glendale Arms got a mention on P and B not to long a go under the thread of the "Worst pub in Scotland" Have not been in it in years Do not suppose it has money spent on it since Has been up for sale for years now No doubt it will get knocked down and flats built on it sooner or later as  it is within spitting distance of the railway station  

A fan zone will be in operation from 1130am at the adjacent beith astro turf, the scottish Cup trophy will be present for photo shots and what a brilliant opportunity for a tiny wee club and it's supporters to get a glimpse of the trophy............ Therefore I'm sure the Ayr fans will love it :rolleyes::)

19 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

A fan zone will be in operation from 1130am at the adjacent beith astro turf, the scottish Cup trophy will be present for photo shots and what a brilliant opportunity for a tiny wee club and it's supporters to get a glimpse of the trophy............ Therefore I'm sure the Ayr fans will love it :rolleyes::)

Possibly the first ever fan zone to have police horses present?!

Looking forward to getting away from the league for a week. We’ve been dug meat the past two weeks so a wee recharge of the batteries and hopefully were ready to go again v Dundee United a week on Friday 

McCall has said we will be playing a strong team for this but I’d still expect/hope that some fringe players are given some game time. I’d go something like this 

Doohan

Smith Higgins Rose Ferguson

McDaid  Docherty Murdoch McGuffie

Moffat Shankland

3 hours ago, maicoman said:

Sure the Glendale Arms got a mention on P and B not to long a go under the thread of the "Worst pub in Scotland" Have not been in it in years Do not suppose it has money spent on it since Has been up for sale for years now No doubt it will get knocked down and flats built on it sooner or later as  it is within spitting distance of the railway station  

It aint no Glasgow wine bar but it serves drink, has a decent clientele, pool table, good juke box and is a real pub. 

What more do you want ??

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It aint no Glasgow wine bar but it serves drink, has a decent clientele, pool table, good juke box and is a real pub. 

What more do you want ??

Must admit I'm not a fan, it's handy for trains but it's a bit dull and a bit of a dampish lingering smell from it and it's relatively dear as well, far better going two miles up the road to beith for a better pub experience -, Eglinton Inn, The smugglers tavern, one of the Masonics or the saracen head Hotel. 

Even you Kilbirnie based Ayr united fans will be welcomed by open arms :thumsup2

11 hours ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Must admit I'm not a fan, it's handy for trains but it's a bit dull and a bit of a dampish lingering smell from it and it's relatively dear as well, far better going two miles up the road to beith for a better pub experience -, Eglinton Inn, The smugglers tavern, one of the Masonics or the saracen head Hotel. 

Even you Kilbirnie based Ayr united fans will be welcomed by open arms :thumsup2

Looks like we'll be up against it once again from a refereeing perspective...................

Archived