Beith vs Ayr - Ayrshire Derby

D'Jaffo

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to this after two disappointing league games.

What kind of team are we likely to put out here? Are we likely to change it up or play our best XI?

I’d play

Doohan

Smith
Rose
Higgins
Ecrepont -good chance for a debut

McGuffie
Murdoch
Docherty
McDaid

Moffat
Shankland

54 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Really looking forward to this after two disappointing league games.

What kind of team are we likely to put out here? Are we likely to change it up or play our best XI?

I’d play

Doohan

Smith
Rose
Higgins
Ecrepont -good chance for a debut

McGuffie
Murdoch
Docherty
McDaid

Moffat
Shankland

Do you think shankland will start for you

30 minutes ago, RAYMIE said:

Do you think shankland will start for you

I'm thinking Higgins & Adams at CB, Geggan RB, Doc in the middle of the park beside Murdoch and maybe the young boy McCowan getting a start.  I can see McCall maybe going with a bit more steel in the side.

There will be no excuses for us whatever team we put out, as we only have a small pool and they're all in and around the first team.

Higgins and Docherty are our 2 club captains and both are returning from long term injuries and as such have failed to get back in the team due to the excellent play of the other guys, but they certainly shouldn't be weakening us in any way and this would give them valuable game time to get fully match fit.

I think we've sold around the 800 mark but it might be even more.

Hopefully weather will be kind and similar to today and I REALLY hope the football is better than today...................

17 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm thinking Higgins & Adams at CB, Geggan RB, Doc in the middle of the park beside Murdoch and maybe the young boy McCowan getting a start.  I can see McCall maybe going with a bit more steel in the side.

There will be no excuses for us whatever team we put out, as we only have a small pool and they're all in and around the first team.

Higgins and Docherty are our 2 club captains and both are returning from long term injuries and as such have failed to get back in the team due to the excellent play of the other guys, but they certainly shouldn't be weakening us in any way and this would give them valuable game time to get fully match fit.

I think we've sold around the 800 mark but it might be even more.

Hopefully weather will be kind and similar to today and I REALLY hope the football is better than today...................

Looking forward to it we have sold 750 after today's game v largs just hope we can make a cup tie of it and keep it interesting for as long as possible

36 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Only right we treat the people of Beith by showing off the best player in Ayrshire.

Hope so seen him when on loan at st mirren and I told my mate he is a class act only needs to lose some weight now look at him best goalscorer in championship by a mile

Wonder when Moores ban kicks in, if it isn't until next league game then McCall may be tempted to put Moff and Moore upfront to give Shankland a rest on the bench.

Any Beith able to say what state the pitch is in at this time of year, heard there's about a 5 foot slope from one end to the other.

Wonder when Moores ban kicks in, if it isn't until next league game then McCall may be tempted to put Moff and Moore upfront to give Shankland a rest on the bench.
Any Beith able to say what state the pitch is in at this time of year, heard there's about a 5 foot slope from one end to the other.

Some guys on Twitter were discussing this and one claimed that because the red card was for violent conduct it kicked in immediately and he’ll miss Beith and then Dundee United. Dunno if that’s the case or not.

The lads Hilton and McKenzie have been doing well for the reserves in recent weeks so one of them might be in the squad but I think he’ll start Shankland with either Moffat or McCowan in behind him.

Wouldn’t look too much into that. He’s a big Rangers fan and decided to go and watch a game in his spare time.
Yeah, only thing that stuck out was it was taken well before the kick off when the stadium was empty. Either he turned up really early or maybe he was invited??

Pitch will prob be fine but slope will will be raised to about 9 foot and roof will will be closed for the best team in Ayrshire visiting - Killie apart of course.
Get on wi it ya pussies

Archived