Beith vs Ayr - Ayrshire Derby

D'Jaffo

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Dumbarton got papped out by some junior nobodies in recent times but, then again, that was Dumbarton.

Ayr will stroll it

Dumbarton were a heck of a lot friendlier here than some of the Ton fans were, it must be said... what a fecking night in Dumbarton that was! I doubt Bonnyrigg, now in the East seniors, would be happy to be called nobodies...

FWIW I honestly can't see anything other than Ayr hammering Beith. They learned the hard way v Ton in 2016...

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By a rather strange and, some might say, unfortunate quirk of fate, I will likely find myself in Beith on the day of this glorious fixture.  Rather than endure the wife and child for a couple of hours I was thinking of partaking in this glorious spectacle.

Is there likely to be a pay on the day option for day trippers?

14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

By a rather strange and, some might say, unfortunate quirk of fate, I will likely find myself in Beith on the day of this glorious fixture.  Rather than endure the wife and child for a couple of hours I was thinking of partaking in this glorious spectacle.

Is there likely to be a pay on the day option for day trippers?

It looks unlikely now, will depend on how the ticket sales go in the next week or so. 

7 minutes ago, beithboy said:

It looks unlikely now, will depend on how the ticket sales go in the next week or so. 

Cheers, I'll check back in to see how its going. 

Sounds like it could be an intriguing game full of blood guts and a general hatred of each other.

Plus I wanted to shout some abuse at @itzdrk in person.

2 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

We've sold half our allocation so far, so 500 sold and 500 left. Tickets have only went on General Sale today.

Do you think that your fans will have enough interest in the game to sell  out the allocation?  The novelty value of the game etc, a good day out for the fans.

19 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Do you think that your fans will have enough interest in the game to sell  out the allocation?  The novelty value of the game etc, a good day out for the fans.

I would imagine that we would bring at least 800 to this given the novelty value and how we are playing at the moment. If Beith had a railway station then I'd be sure we'd sell the full 1000 but the lack of railway station may put some off.

41 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I would imagine that we would bring at least 800 to this given the novelty value and how we are playing at the moment. If Beith had a railway station then I'd be sure we'd sell the full 1000 but the lack of railway station may put some off.

Nearest railway station is only 1.5 miles from the town. Glengarnock and is serviced my a good few regular buses up to the town a journey of about 5 mins, the officials at your club seem confident they will sell the full allocation. 

Archived