Hearts vs Hibs

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Except when they're beaten BY Hibs, in which case the verbal security blanket is more along the lines of 'At least we're still ahead in derby wins over the last 140 years'.

I forgot about that one.

A wee security blanket that will last for generations. ^_^

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Austinho said:

Time to play this lot at their own game. Bartley to avenge Kouassi and fingerblast MacLean’s starfish into oblivion. Big Daz McGregor to remind Mitchell exactly who Hibs are with permanent stud marks to the goolies. Milligan to hoof Cochrane so far into touch his severed head impales onto the Jambo’s 2018-19 Championship flag. 

In short, I want to see an injury list longer than the amount of bog roll Craig Levein pretended to use in 86.

"avenge " ? Strange word to use regarding a player from another team. You are a Hibby, Right ? Or do you have one of those half 'n half scarves ?

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

There's nothing surprising about Hearts fans consoling themselves after a thrashing with the old standby of 'At least we'll beat Hibs'.

Except when they're beaten BY Hibs, in which case the verbal security blanket is more along the lines of 'At least we're still ahead in derby wins over the last 140 years'.

The statto tendency is the ultimate comfort blanket for our pink chums - I had one on twitter yesterday, wittering on about how Hearts league cup win was "significantly" better than Hibs

Yep - 4 wins to our 3................must admit I was pretty embarrassed montyyuk.png.364972ed03fad1d26dc697f2e3462441.png

Especially as all of ours came in my lifetime  Montylaugh.png.94850308a32666cabb7d3cb171c020bb.png

Just now, Green Day said:

The statto tendency is the ultimate comfort blanket for our pink chums -

I fully understand statistics are a no go area if you're a Hibby.   

Best avoided , it makes the pain too real. ^_^

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

"avenge " ? Strange word to use regarding a player from another team. You are a Hibby, Right ? Or do you have one of those half 'n half scarves ?

No half and half about it balaclava.jpeg.2fcaa529f6f60a0151bdb3d1b4084a83.jpeg

Just now, Mr. X said:

I fully understand statistics are a no go area if you're a Hibby.   

Best avoided , it makes the pain too real. ^_^

animals-fish-fishing-fishers-fishermen-angles-smb070616_low.jpg.f4041f0d23e33daf8f50c69d0a3c8c19.jpg

Hearts boys are just far, far too easy today maclaren.png.b2b2729c62f16f06481d9bceffbcca62.png

Zlamal

Smith Dikamona Dunne Garuccio

Lee  Bozanic

Morrison        Djoum        Mitchell

MacLean

Probably the best we can muster, I'd be tempted to bring Cochrane in though.  Still good enough to put this mob to the sword.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

Zlamal

Smith Dikamona Dunne Garuccio

Lee  Bozanic

Morrison        Djoum        Mitchell

MacLean

Probably the best we can muster, I'd be tempted to bring Cochrane in though.  Still good enough to put this mob to the sword.

I would be stunned if Levein plays Mitchell and Calum Callumm Callum Calumnn Morrison - far far too attack minded.

7 hours ago, Green Day said:

The statto tendency is the ultimate comfort blanket for our pink chums - I had one on twitter yesterday, wittering on about how Hearts league cup win was "significantly" better than Hibs

Yep - 4 wins to our 3................must admit I was pretty embarrassed montyyuk.png.364972ed03fad1d26dc697f2e3462441.png

Especially as all of ours came in my lifetime  Montylaugh.png.94850308a32666cabb7d3cb171c020bb.png

Hearts were smashing out the wee cups at the same time we were busy smashing the likes of Barcelona, Porto, Sporting Lisbon and Napoli en route to multiple European semi finals. A few quarters too.

54 places above our maroon chums in the all time UEFA Rankings. But at least they won a few more trophies than us before they went off to win us the war. 

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

I would be stunned if Levein plays Mitchell and Calum Callumm Callum Calumnn Morrison - far far too attack minded.

Levein has played them both wide already this season.  And we've attacked every single team we've played this season with the exception of yesterday, so I'll not worry too much about what you think of Levein.

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

The Hibs boys back to giving it big licks and the standard warrior poetry. :lol:

Not to worry, lads, when you've been sworded by the Gorgie with our six best players out and you sit 11 points behind the league leaders, you can go back to supporting Celtic again on Saturday.

Absolute nap that you were one of the hearts fans that got belted inside murrayfield yesterday 

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

MacLean might be getting hauled up by the compliance officer.  It'll be pretty good winning a derby with a Levein 4-6-0.

No chance he will be out on Wednesday, maybe Saturday vs our bhrothers in green

The SFA would need to have a hitherto unheard of level of competence to be dealing with it before then. 

In any event,  surely Hearts will appeal that the Celtic player was just wanting a wee hand shandy off Maclean while waiting on the corner?

Just now, Green Day said:

No chance he will be out on Wednesday, maybe Saturday vs our bhrothers in green

The SFA would need to have a hitherto unheard of level of competence to be dealing with it before then. 

In any event,  surely Hearts will appeal that the Celtic player was just wanting a wee hand shandy off Maclean while waiting on the corner?

I'd be confident he'd win an appeal.  He can just show footage of Bartley shoving his hand up that Dundee boy's arse and claim it as banter.

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

MacLean might be getting hauled up by the compliance officer.  It'll be pretty good winning a derby with a Levein 4-6-0.

Levein's put-out-a-Jobcentre-Plus-advert-and-sign-up-everyone-who-replies summer signing strategy is starting to make sense now. If you have three times as many players as everyone else, you can instruct them to knock lumps out of the opposition and the resulting injuries and suspensions are taken care of with a rota system. I'll have to try this out on Football Manager.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'd be confident he'd win an appeal.  He can just show footage of Bartley shoving his hand up that Dundee boy's arse and claim it as banter.

Fingerblasting is only allowable in Dundee now - for hygienic reasons

Archived