Hearts vs Hibs

5 hours ago, HibsFan said:

If we can attack like we did in the second half yesterday and defend anything like a competent team, then I'll have confidence in us to at least get a point. Worried Lennon will set us up all wrong again though.

What if you defend the same way and attack like you did in the first half?

I think it'd be better for everyone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Yeah, that game was on the 3rd iirc. Still, would take that over these pish 27th/29th December dates since they brought back the winter break.

Aye, the winter break is gubbins. If not the 1st, I'd prefer the derby to be on Boxing Day rather than the 27th-30th or 2nd/3rd.

Guess Hogmanay would be decent - was it last season they had the Old Firm that day? I do like the tradition of having it on New Year's Day, but most of the crowd is hungover like f**k. I'm sure the game in 2011 kicked-off at 12.00pm as well.

2 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

What if you defend the same way and attack like you did in the first half?

I think it'd be better for everyone

And if we play like we did in the first half against the Sheep. h83zAKO.png

I see from the stats sheet there were 45 fouls in the Aberdeen game yesterday. I know it's a bit much to ask, but you didn't happen to lose a couple more of your hard-kickin' fightin' men to injuries in the midst of that brawl, did you?

I’d hate it if we shitfested our way to 1-0 win with more bookings than shots. Naismith kicking and shouting at anything moves. That’d really upset a lot of people. I’d really hate that.

I can remember getting all excited for the last January 1st yin. Probably the worst derby atmosphere I've ever seen, absolute ghouls everywhere.

I mind that hazy, still half cut feeling making way for a devastating full hangover at about half-time. The late Hearts winner barely made a dent in the world of pain I was already in.

tenor.gif

54 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Assuming it’s bascially impossible to get tickets for a derby if not a season ticket holder? 

You would find it nearly impossible to get a ticket just now.

However,  there are always some folk that can't go at the last minute and  you might just see a ticket being held up in the air outside the ground.  Pretty unlikely that you would be that lucky though.

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

You would find it nearly impossible to get a ticket just now.

However,  there are always some folk that can't go at the last minute and  you might just see a ticket being held up in the air outside the ground.  Pretty unlikely that you would be that lucky though.

Fair enough, expected as much. Hopefully I’ll get to a game one day.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Assuming it’s bascially impossible to get tickets for a derby if not a season ticket holder? 

In general, home end tickets are actually a bit easier than that; they're category A fixtures, so to buy a ticket from the ticket office you'll only need to be on the database and get in the queue before the tickets are sold out, which means the upcoming derby is a bit late as Mr. X says.

It does warrant buying a ticket for a game that isn't against Hearts/Hibs or the Old Firm (and if you only showed up on the database recently you might have to talk to an actual live human being to get a ticket), but spending a Saturday in Edinburgh and sitting through a run-of-the-mill Hibs league game is hardly much of a hardship these days. (From the Jambo POV, they might apply loyalty points to home derbies too, and maybe it's pure torture to sit through a category B fixture at Gorgie these days, but you'd have to ask one of them).

Even after last night I'm still reading and hearing from Hibs fans about how the fixtures have been kind to us so far. Ya c**t we'll be a full round in after the derby and the only side Hibs won't have played is Rangers. 0FltS8d.jpg

Also that our record at Tynecastle is so good because the pitch is (apparently) so small. How does that explain the fact we've won more derbies since inception on your supposed Wembley-sized bowling green than Hibs have? Or that over the years genuinely good (and average) sides have given us some doings on our 'TINY PITCH'? Fucking slavers, man. 0FltS8d.jpg

22 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Also that our record at Tynecastle is so good because the pitch is (apparently) so small. How does that explain the fact we've won more derbies since inception on your supposed Wembley-sized bowling green than Hibs have? Or that over the years genuinely good (and average) sides have given us some doings on our 'TINY PITCH'? Fucking slavers, man. 

Our small pitch experts have won as many games away from home as we've won at home this season.

Love their clutching at straws. ^_^

Archived