Hearts vs Hibs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, getaffthegrass said:

My mistake, apologies, just off two nightshifts with zero chance of a kip between or since so not at my best. Have to say though that there seems to be a bit of a mix up in comments made by Dempster and Lennon, he said he'd reacted to Hearts fans in his post match conference however on at least one occasion Dempster said he hadn't. Just for the record, whilst I always want to beat Hibs and for Hearts to always finish above them, I have no hatred for the club or there fans. My Dad was  Hearts man all his life, like I am, but his lifelong pal who I was named after was a Hibs fan. Together they would go to Tynecastle one week, Easter Road the next. It's a shame that nowadays such behaviour would be totally frowned upon.

Is it f**k. Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

34 minutes ago, getaffthegrass said:

As expected "It's no me mister, it's those bad boys over there, we'd never do or say anything bad, honest. We cannae be to blame cos they dinnae have pictures or video evidence on their computer to put up on here". Just like the team from Glasgow who play in green, always the victims, always cheated never defeated. It's a pity as I'd hoped to have reasonable chats on here with people able to look at both sides of the story and accept that no-one is blameless but as per usual there are too many who won't accept their side of the blame, I have and so has Heart of Midlothian FC, unlike Leanne Dempster or Lennon or Hibs or either of you. 

I'll ask again. What bigotry and sectarianism have hibs fans been involved in? Surely you know which "pro ira" songs ect have been sung? Unless you don't know because it didn't happen, of course. 

Spot on.
This ridiculous fannying around covers up the fact that both teams are utter f*cking shite. 

Although Hearts are still top of the league in November and Hibs look more likely than not to be in the top six. So, by contemporary Scottish standards, it’s clear that neither is utter shite (fucking or otherwise)

Part of the reason Hearts and Hibs fans tend to regard their neighbours’ teams as perennial hammer throwing hoof ball merchants is that we tend not to see the other lot play except on Derby day and so we form our opinions based on games like that.

From my perspective that was a horrible performance from what’s usually a good Hearts side but a Hibs performance that was pretty typical of Neil Lennon’s previous visits as Hibs manager. I’m told by my postie that Hibs are actually playing some good football and maybe they are when I’m not in attendance but all I see are a fired up a Hamilton Accies tribute act ready to shed blood for the jersey and not too fussy whose.

Intellectually and rationally I know that they can’t seriously be that shit week in week out but that’s against the direct evidence of my own eyes

Similar Cognitive dissonance will be experienced by Hibs fans trying to reconcile what they saw on Wednesday with what they see when they look at the league table

Just now, G_Man1985 said:LOL. where were they when you lot threw smoke bombs onto the pitch on Wednesday evening?

Police Scotland are a disgrace. We can all agree on this

I wasnt at the game  but trying to source on or two culprets in a crowd of thousands is a bit different to a guy wandering over to another set of fans by himself. Removing one idiot away from a baying crowd is a tad easier than wading in to one. 

I dont know why the police even held back the derry though as Niall McGinn has proven every single one of them are ‘Haud me back’ sh*tebags.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Cameras everywhere. You know what area it is in. Seat number would be easy to find out also.
It's not hard. It's the fact they did zero because you had a big upport. Always the case .

It's shite but nothing will stop. Yet at parkhead if it was in the away end it would be sorted out.

Yes having a big support probably stops arrests tbh as why try and arrest one guy in the middle of a crowd if it can potentially incite a riot. Although people have been arrested after games with camera surveillance. Although that was mainly from that police F.O.C.US. Group which I think is now defunct after the binning of Offensive begahiour act thankfully.

8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Although Hearts are still top of the league in November and Hibs look more likely than not to be in the top six. So, by contemporary Scottish standards, it’s clear that neither is utter shite (fucking or otherwise)

Part of the reason Hearts and Hibs fans tend to regard their neighbours’ teams as perennial hammer throwing hoof ball merchants is that we tend not to see the other lot play except on Derby day and so we form our opinions based on games like that.

From my perspective that was a horrible performance from what’s usually a good Hearts side but a Hibs performance that was pretty typical of Neil Lennon’s previous visits as Hibs manager. I’m told by my postie that Hibs are actually playing some good football and maybe they are when I’m not in attendance but all I see are a fired up a Hamilton Accies tribute act ready to shed blood for the jersey and not too fussy whose.

Intellectually and rationally I know that they can’t seriously be that shit week in week out but that’s against the direct evidence of my own eyes

Similar Cognitive dissonance will be experienced by Hibs fans trying to reconcile what they saw on Wednesday with what they see when they look at the league table

Hooooof

Spoiler

IMG_20171014_093425.thumb.jpg.8a1eb43d6608ad9d73edb1ee32993064.jpg

Pretty disgusting that the Hearts fans were ritually sacrificing children in the stands on Wednesday.
My jambo mates saw it happen and if you need proof of that you're sweeping it under the carpet.

Your as bad as the Rangers fans with their Big Jock Knew patter. You’re trying to score points of this serious matter which is tasteless and naughty

You should be ashamed of yourself

Tomorrow I am going to coin the first ten folk I see who I think deserve it. I am then going to ask them for some details about their religion, family history, political affiliations etc.

Tomorrow we will all be much closer to knowing why we coin people.

Thank me when the results are in

Bobby Zlamal was hit by a fitba' fan for sectarian, no - racial reasons - logic.

According to Wiki, 76% of Czech people are irreligious, so he's most likely been hit for being an atheist - wait 'til Dawkins hears about this. 

I don't think lennon will be considering his position - I think he loves the attention, and he's just fanned the flames. 

Back to the politics... interesting piece by a NI Proddie on his dying statelet.

The after-school club at Hearts with their 'just a wind-up' Union Jacks and dodgy songs should read it. Or, if they like NI so much, go and live there. I met a few 'Prods' who hate the place due to all this kind of bullshoight - from hate and violence to Old Testament religion in daily politics... They really want that here?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/02/opinion/northern-ireland-brexit-unionism.html

Parades draw diminishing, aging crowds. Young, working-class Protestants once waved banners celebrating Ulster plantation lords, as though their lives were connected to such vicious men. Now they want out. Every year, more than a third of students flee Northern Ireland. More would if they could: A Belfast Telegraph survey of young people found that two-thirds want to leave. Ironically, the communal institutions bequeathed by Good Friday prolong sectarian allegiances, running Stormont, the Northern Irish assembly, on the principle of communal power-sharing.

Back to the politics... interesting piece by a NI Proddie on his dying statelet.
The after-school club at Hearts with their 'just a wind-up' Union Jacks and dodgy songs should read it. Or, if they like NI so much, go and live there. I met a few 'Prods' who hate the place due to all this kind of bullshoight - from hate and violence to Old Testament religion in daily politics... They really want that here?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/02/opinion/northern-ireland-brexit-unionism.html
Parades draw diminishing, aging crowds. Young, working-class Protestants once waved banners celebrating Ulster plantation lords, as though their lives were connected to such vicious men. Now they want out. Every year, more than a third of students flee Northern Ireland. More would if they could: A Belfast Telegraph survey of young people found that two-thirds want to leave. Ironically, the communal institutions bequeathed by Good Friday prolong sectarian allegiances, running Stormont, the Northern Irish assembly, on the principle of communal power-sharing.

Did you just use the “if they like it so much why don’t they go and live there” line seriously? or is there something meta going on here that I missed?

Other than that fair point. Clever people get out, stupid people stay and breed and you don’t need to be Charles Darwin to see where that leads

See also any Brexity Town in England

Bobby Zlamal was hit by a fitba' fan for sectarian, no - racial reasons - logic.
According to Wiki, 76% of Czech people are irreligious, so he's most likely been hit for being an atheist - wait 'til Dawkins hears about this. 
I don't think lennon will be considering his position - I think he loves the attention, and he's just fanned the flames. 
Not like you have previous with Czech players is it?
Maybe he's a "fuckin refugee" too.

19 hours ago, getaffthegrass said:

You'll love this reply and be all over it like a tramp at a bag of chips, I don't spend my time at football matches taking photos or recording incidents. I have good friends who are season ticket holders at Easter Road and they were at the game on Wednesday. They were disgusted not only with the Hearts fans but also Hibs fans throwing coins into the Hearts support, throwing punches at our goalie and singing songs about Levein, Mercer and also pro IRA songs. I've been to plenty derbies over the years, I've heard it myself but given the nature of your last two posts I'm sure you'll attempt to sweep any allegations I make under the nearest carpet because there's no concrete proof given. We have arseholes in our support to much the same percentage as Hibs do, both are guilty of sectarianism and bigotry, perhaps the difference between you and me is I admit it, you won't. I hope all involved in throwing missiles or punches on Wednesday night are given lifelong football banning orders and face the courts for their idiotic behaviour, but do me a favour and don't play the innocent on here, leave that to your idiot manager.

No, the main difference when it comes to sectarianism is 16,000 Hearts fans can be heard singing about ****** blood and flutes on television, whereas with Hibs, it’s always ‘my mates friend told me he heard some idiots sing them in the pub’. 

I’m not denying we have the same number of idiots, and sing some tasteless songs ourself, we absolutely do - just don’t go chucking false accusations of the S word at us when our act in that regard is pretty good. Hibs have done brilliantly to stamp it out over the last half century. 

Archived