Hearts vs Hibs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

OK to use your example.

If you walk up to someone in the street and call them a c**t and they subsequently hook you:

- the person who hooked you would be arrested and subject to criminal charges

- any witness of the incident would probably think you were both c***s

HTH.

Perhaps a better metaphor would be a person being critical of somebody walking through Barcelona with their wallet / phone in their back pockets, as they do at home.  In our quest for a Utopian world, we should all go about our normal business without fear of crime and never secretly think "what were you expecting?" when said principled person starts greeting about their £15,000 phone bill.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:
1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:
And the guy that called them a c**t  will be up on breach of the peace charges. So what's your point?

Calling someone a c**t isn't breach of the peace.

It certainly is, and like all breach of the peace charges can have a big dependence on the context. If you call someone a c**t in order to provoke a reaction, say for example a fan goading another set of fans, then this can be deemed breach of the peace.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I say “nuns” but thinking about it they might be penguins

Which are the ones with the webbed feet again l?

Are they beating up orphans?  If so definitely penguins.

3 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Make absolutely no mistake about it, the guy that threw that coin intended to kill Neil Lennon with a headshot.

We’ve witnessed an attempted murder live on TV and i expect the culprit to be tracked down and dealt with accordingly.

While you're 100% correct here, Dom, the sad reality of this backwards country we Hibs fans have the misfortune of living in is that they'll all be having a good laugh in the lodge tonight. The boy who threw the coin will probably be the guest of honour and they'll all be sniggering into their medium-well steaks.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Am glad you can laugh at something so despicable.

I was watching the game with my ten year old nephew, who upon seeing Lennon struck down turned to me and said “uncle Dom, are they trying to kill him because he’s catholic? “

I had to turn away as I could feel the tears welling up. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that he was right.

:lol: :lol::thumsup2

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Dom - If P&B has a cringy post of the year competition, you've just won it.

What's cringey is seeing people (like you) who just can't grasp the fact that he may not be serious.

Archived