Hearts vs Hibs

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

It's not unreasonable.  There's no excuse for the reaction of the fan.

Nor has anyone on the thread tried to make excuses for them tbf.

Some people unable to separate the responsibilities of the fan from the responsibilities of Lennon.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is apologism.  There are two positions:
a) It is unacceptable for someone at a football match to throw a coin...
b) It is unacceptable for someone at a football match to throw a coin but...
Position b) is not justifiable.
Lennon acting like a dick and getting abuse is one thing, Lennon acting as a dick and getting a coin thrown at him is something else.

There is also the position

A) It is unacceptable for someone at a football match to throw a coin.

And

B) It is unwise for a football club manager to stand in front of a crowd of opposition fans and gesture to them, as this may lead to trouble.

Neither of those positions are justifying the other, they exist equally in separate arguments but here they can both apply.

I remember Mixu gesturing at Dundee fans (was it Dundee?) a few years back. It wasn’t any less stupid that he did it, it could equally have caused loads of trouble. The only difference was that on that occasion, the Dundee fans did not react badly to the situation.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nor has anyone on the thread tried to make excuses for them tbf.

Some people unable to separate the responsibilities of the fan from the responsibilities of Lennon.

Plenty of people spouting utter pish like this though.

If that had been McInnes last night, you'd have been loving it.

That is apologism.  There are two positions:
a) It is unacceptable for someone at a football match to throw a coin...
b) It is unacceptable for someone at a football match to throw a coin but...
Position b) is not justifiable.
Lennon acting like a dick and getting abuse is one thing, Lennon acting as a dick and getting a coin thrown at him is something else.

No it isnt. It is possible as I said, to analyse both instances (Lennon and coin thrower) separately.

4 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

You couldn't school us despite not having a striker and missing 5 automatic picks.  You'll not be schooling us when we have a couple of them back.

We were missing Maclaren (still recovering from injury so couldn't start), Hanlon (best defender) and Gray (2nd best defender).  3 automatic picks out for us. We will hopefully be stronger next game too and will be playing in a proper 20,000 + capacity stadium with a proper-sized pitch. Hearts will struggle. Hibs will win. 

2 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

The end of the day there's 20,000 folk there and half a dozen half acted like twats. 

"Was just the minority", wonder where I've heard that before...

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Plenty of people spouting utter pish like this though.

If that had been McInnes last night, you'd have been loving it.

"utter pish" says the individual who has no idea who I am yet has decided my opinion on a hypothetical situation for me.

FWIW no I would not.  So stop talking 'utter pish'.

The 'he brings it on himself' crowd are the exact same people I'd expect to come out with "Aye I'm no sayin' she deserved to get raped like, but when she's away out dressed like that what does she expect?"

Absolute morons.

3 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

The 'he brings it on himself' crowd are the exact same people I'd expect to come out with "Aye I'm no sayin' she deserved to get raped like, but when she's away out dressed like that what does she expect?"

Absolute morons.

That is actually a very good comparison.

2 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Tbf I don't think even the most optimistic punter expects drink at Category A games.  

The end of the day there's 20,000 folk there and half a dozen half acted like twats.   It's no the battle of the Somme.

I mean we'd have won if it was obviously

Fake news and more delusion from the Hearts supporters. Taken directly from the Heart of Midlothian Football Club website: Attendance: 19,410

That was with a complete and utter sell-out for your biggest game of the season. Meanwhile at Easter Road we have a genuine 20,000+ capacity stadium, so don't try acting like you are in our bracket because you simply are not. Wee team. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No. Nor has anyone said that.

Then your post doesn’t make sense.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
So in the real world coin throwing IS acceptable?

I havent said that or anything close

I wasn’t replying to your post but rather to Dons_1998 interpretation of it.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I'm shocked to discover that Neil Lennon is the only manager in British football who gets involved in touchline incidents.

Me too.

I must have imagined stuff like the following;

Jim Duffy

Neil Warnock

Mark McGhee

Dick Campbell

Terry Butcher

John Sheridan

Derek Adams

Arsene Wenger

Warren Feeney

Alex Ferguson

10 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

We were missing Maclaren (still recovering from injury so couldn't start), Hanlon (best defender) and Gray (2nd best defender).  3 automatic picks out for us. We will hopefully be stronger next game too and will be playing in a proper 20,000 + capacity stadium with a proper-sized pitch. Hearts will struggle. Hibs will win. 

A lot will happen in November and December with further injuries and yellow cards building up. Very difficult to predict what the line ups will be.

Hearts  have a smaller stadium than Hibs. Always have. 

It has not helped Hibs overly much over the last century.

Victoria Cross?

Am glad you can laugh at something so despicable.

I was watching the game with my ten year old nephew, who upon seeing Lennon struck down turned to me and said “uncle Dom, are they trying to kill him because he’s catholic? “

I had to turn away as I could feel the tears welling up. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that he was right.

Archived