Hearts vs Hibs

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I see your point but it's not a great metaphor

If I were to loudly proclaim that Neil Lennon is a stupid c**t and deserves every ounce of grief he gets to the assembled regulars in the Marksman or Harp and Castle then ...

I'd be a stupid c**t and I'd deserve the grief I was about to get

Yes..... grief...... :unsure:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

On the actual 'football'... are the Hibs boeys no raging at Lennon for his set-up last night?  A genuinely huge chance to finally win at Tynecastle and he plays 8 defensive midfielders and long balls up to a completely isolated Kamberi.  

Surely should have gone for it? 

It was a poor set up. But still, despite how utterly shite it was. Hearts could still only muster one shot on target against 10 men. I'd be even more raging if I was a jambo tbh.

So, players and officials goading and GIRUY to fans who are abusing them after scoring/winning/ whatever.

Acceptable ?

Not acceptable ?

Acceptable, but not for Neil Lennon ?

Do they deserve to be hit by objects thrown from the crowd ?

Yes

No

No, but will make an exception for Neil Lennon.

People try to see things as completely black & white when really most things aren't.

The person/people who chucked the coin at Lennon and who punched Zlamal, will hopefully be identified and get done by their clubs. There is no excuse for chucking things  or attacking people and I hope they get done, if Hearts get done too then we will just have to accept it.

That said, there is no point in pretending that in life our actions don't have consequences, whatever we do generates a reaction, both in good ways and bad ways. Lennon was behaving like an arse, yeah he'd probably been getting it tight all game from fans but he doesn't have more right to react/not react than the fans. That's not to excuse the fans because it doesn't, but we shouldn't ignore Lennon's conduct either.

Loads of missiles getting thrown by both sets of supporters last night.

only the fact that the one missile that was on target hit NL has made this a serious problem.

Ball boys, others in the crowd, the keepers were all at risk. It’s not worse because NL got hit on the chest and took a dive.

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I see your point but it's not a great metaphor

If I were to loudly proclaim that Neil Lennon is a stupid c**t and deserves every ounce of grief he gets to the assembled regulars in the Marksman or Harp and Castle then ...

I'd be a stupid c**t and I'd deserve the grief I was about to get

Well that's sort of the point isn't it.

If you got your head kicked in for that then it would be pretty abhorrent, but it doesn't change the fact that you would be smart enough to know it probably wasn't your best idea.

Not really understanding why some people cant acknowledge Lennons behaviour as a contributing factor in this without placing the blame on Lennon.

The principles of "give it out so take it back" exist only in fantasy land. In reality, Lennon should know how to control his behaviour to best ensure the safety of himself and others.

This is like saying a black person should absolutely have the right to stroll through a KKK march unimpeded. Aye they should have the right. But is it reasonably forseeable that doing so would be foolish and result in harm to one or more parties... Aye it is.

I am aware that its an extreme example but I am just using it to point out that allnof the various rights you have as an individual on paper dont always translate to a heated situation in real life and sometimes its best not to further heat it.

Lennon 100% should not have done what he done because past experience and knowledge of what type of person will be sat in that (and any other) stand as well as the atmosphere at that moment (plus a wee bit common sense) should supercede any ideas of "well they abused me all game."

Read the situation and adjust behaviour, avoid escalation. Its not hard.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

This is like saying a black person should absolutely have the right to stroll through a KKK march unimpeded. Aye they should have the right. But is it reasonably forseeable that doing so would be foolish and result in harm to one or more parties... Aye it is.

Some KKK members are black.

Ljsl9nQ.png

59 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Fair enough but players take abuse during games too but they don’t goad opposition fans when they score a goal, and if they do they are quite rightly booked for unsportsmanlike conduct. Why should a manager be any different?

This happens all the time. On a very regular basis.

34 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Nope, that's exactly what he did. But because he's Neil Lennon, people like yourself just have to see things differently.

There are 134 league teams in Scotland and England, name one other manager from the other 133 teams who would act like that in his shoes last night. It’s because of the way he acts that people have an agenda against Neil Lennon. It’s got nothing to do with where he comes from/his religion/what he looks like/who he played for or who he manages. If he acted like every other manager nobody would talk about him. He’s meant to be a professional football manager. If he wants to jump about like a big kid when the opposition get a goal disallowed, he should give up his job and watch from the stands with the fans.

Just now, IainMorton said:

There are 134 league teams in Scotland and England, name one other manager from the other 133 teams who would act like that in his shoes last night. It’s because of the way he acts that people have an agenda against Neil Lennon. It’s got nothing to do with where he comes from/his religion/what he looks like/who he played for or who he manages. If he acted like every other manager nobody would talk about him. He’s meant to be a professional football manager. If he wants to jump about like a big kid when the opposition get a goal disallowed, he should give up his job and watch from the stands with the fans.

How many of those 134 managers get anywhere near the level of abuse Neil Lennon gets, just for doing his job?

You're right though, he is meant to be a professional football manager. It's a shame a large bunch of dicks in a stand can't see that though. To them it's a deep personal hatred that goes against their 17th century values.

13 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

It was a poor set up. But still, despite how utterly shite it was. Hearts could still only muster one shot on target against 10 men. I'd be even more raging if I was a jambo tbh.

We've got most of our first choice team injured and had no strikers.  I wasn't expecting us to create much anyway, but certainly no against a Hibs team set-up like that.  So yep, we were pish in an attacking sense but it wasn't a surprise.

14 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

The reason we could only muster one shot on target is exactly why it's a shit the bed job. We had 0 strikers and resorted to having a 20 year old winger who's 8 stone when wet through the middle. If your happy with that as opposed to actually wanting to win a derby at Tynecastle then fair fucks.

As for you having 10 men it was 20 minutes, hardly any eternity and we had a goal which could easily have stood and hit the junction.  We had pressure despite having f**k all up top.

Both still got attacked in their place of work. 
Ach I know. I'm not trying to play it down.
I was merely pointing out that.
I'm not going down the "their actions brought it on themselves" angle.
It's piss poor behaviour from the fans.
There seems to be a poison creeping back into the fixture.
Not sure if it's linked to our young team maybe getting drawn into the general rise of right wing politics that's happening.
I hate all the "hello hello" pish.
We need to chase these c***s if they're not going to play the game.
That means the club being as strict as possible. Not quite sure how the club would do that but something needs done

NL is a snarling, bad tempered fool who loves to play the victim. He loves the headlines and he hates Sevco and Hearts as much as they hate him. I’m fairly sure the coin hitting him in the chest didn’t actually knock him off his feet. He instigated it and then made the whole situation worse than it was by his embarrassing reaction.

the fan should be banned for life for rising to the bait. 

Archived