Hearts vs Hibs

18 minutes ago, The OP said:

I have a dream that one day little ginger boys in Edinburgh with names like Aiden and John Paul will be able to play with little chinless boys with names like Blair and Fraser.

I can see though that, sadly, there is a long way to go before we reach that Promised Land. Pat, I’m inviting you to take a bold step and condemn the assaults and the abuse and injustice faced by anyone brave enough to challenge the Edinburgh status quo.

I do condemn the abuse. And furthermore, it is a disgrace that redheads are forced to give up their seats to blonde folks on Lothian Buses

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, woolf said:

Not a bad dive from Lennon TBF.

Thought we were the better team,surprisingly so!Thought Hibs were poor and don't get the hype surrounding them,even being down to the bare bones Hearts were still more than able to compete and we're unfortunate not to bag 3 points.

Failed to take 3 points against 10 men. Fortune had nothing to do with it. Hearts were equally as durge, if not more so than we were in that game.

25 minutes ago, Darren said:

Haring was offside. He didn't put the ball in the back of the net. 

He interfered with a guy who could have cleared it. All the pundits on the telly agreed with it, which is pretty unusual. Looked very much the right call to me.

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Sean Clare played today

And his second name is an county in the north west of Munster

That’s encouraging, although even in Mississippi at the height of Jim Crow you might find a Leroy playing with a Billy-Bob (not a euphemism).

11 minutes ago, GordonS said:

He interfered with a guy who could have cleared it. All the pundits on the telly agreed with it, which is pretty unusual. Looked very much the right call to me.

I didn't have the time to analyse it in the pub but I suspected as much.

Neither set of fan coming out this game well at all.

Stunned to see Andrew Dallas completely lose control of a match and respond by wildly flashing cards though.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Lennon lied about being 'assaulted' at Tynecastle by Aberdeen fans after the semi-final in 2014.

The guy is a professional victim with mental health issues. 

No idea if that applies to tonight, but both these statements above are true. 

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

A "furious" Neil Lennon has been expanding on the ugly incidents that marred the Edinburgh derby.

“People will say I was winding the crowd up," he told BBC Scotland. "I wasn’t. I was just giving a bit back for the abuse I was taking for 90 minutes.

“But people say Neil Lennon brings it on himself, he deserves to get hit by a coin or whatever.The guy must have a few quid because it was a pound coin. I am looking forward to him getting singled out, and if it is a lady, meeting them face to face and seeing what they have to say for themselves.

“I am not having this. I have had it here before, a guy coming on to the pitch trying to attack me. It is just not on.

“It stung me; it is quite sore. I don’t know where he has thrown it from, but it is a good shot. He might get in the World Match-Play (darts) next year. It came out of nowhere. I am furious about it to be honest.”

Lennon was equally damning about the incident which saw Hearts keeper Bobby Zlamal apparently punched by a supporter.

“If any Hibs fans have been misbehaving, I want them punished as well," he added. "It is unacceptable. I hope they are singled out, banned and arrested. We don't condone that. It isn't the face of our club or way we conduct ourselves. A player getting punched trying to do his job is just an absolute disgrace. He is not a Hibs fan."

Lennon is spot on here IMO.

Anyone referring to themselves in the third person should be hit in the face with an exocet missile IMO.

Will the compliance officer be ensuring Lennon gets punished for simulation?

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Lennon lied about being 'assaulted' at Tynecastle by Aberdeen fans after the semi-final in 2014.

The guy is a professional victim with mental health issues. 

No idea if that applies to tonight, but both these statements above are true. 

He gets hit by a coin in clear view of a camera, should probably have watched it before outing yourself as a complete moron, tbh.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He gets hit by a coin in clear view of a camera, should probably have watched it before outing yourself as a complete moron, tbh.

I pointed out that the guy is a proven liar, a professional victim with a history of mental health issues.

Disprove that, you f*cking obsessive twat. 

I suppose we should be grateful that you're on here, and not posting your usual shite on an Aberdeen thread. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I pointed out that the guy is a proven liar, a professional victim with a history of mental health issues.

I suppose we should be grateful that you're on here, and not posting your usual shite on an Aberdeen thread. 

Proven liar?

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You've suggested Neil Lennon was lying about being hit with a coin, without seeing the incident, because you've a personal hatred of him. 

No idea how calling you a moron for that makes me "obsessive", nor do I even remember the last time I spouted any "shite" on an Aberdeen thread. 

Loved the tribalism at the game tonight.

Reminded me a wee bit of the good old days before the match experience became overly sanatised.

It's games like tonight that will ensure the next derby is a sell out. can't wait.

"I think he brings a lot of it on himself. Whoever throws something from a stand should be ejected immediately but Neil Lennon was goading the fans as that goal got disallowed. As managers, coaches, players, we have to have a level of professionalism to not incite that and I think at times he does."

Archived