Hearts vs Hibs

Really hope Bartley and Milligan play alongside mallan. Can't think of a player I would less like to seen in a derby at tynecastle than Hyndman. Just too easily pushed off the ball and I reckon it will be too frantic for him.  Would bring Porteous back in alongside efe assuming David Gray is fit. 

Would go: 

Bogdan 

Gray

Efe 

Porteous 

Stevenson 

Milligan 

Bartley 

Mallan 

Boyle 

Kamberi 

Maclaren 

Give Boyle a free role as such where he can go from either wing and through the middle. He will get chances out of Mitchell as he isn't great defensively and seems to get caught on the ball up the park a bit.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to play this lot at their own game. Bartley to avenge Kouassi and fingerblast MacLean’s starfish into oblivion. Big Daz McGregor to remind Mitchell exactly who Hibs are with permanent stud marks to the goolies. Milligan to hoof Cochrane so far into touch his severed head impales onto the Jambo’s 2018-19 Championship flag. 

In short, I want to see an injury list longer than the amount of bog roll Craig Levein pretended to use in 86.

Hearts still favourites IMO -

Home advantage with 16000 belting out the Billy Boys

Hibs fans still queuing to get in at half time as per

Tiny "World of Soccer" pitch suits the anti football style much more than a proper sized pitch like (was going to say Hampden, but its been a while eh lads?) Easter Road.

Naismith will be back, even Levein doesnt believe his own pre derby mind games any more

Cochrane has all the thug credentials to step into his shoes if he does fail a fitness test

Hearts 0 Hibs 7

22 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Hibs are unlikely to get a better chance at Tynecastle any time soon.

So, they'll probably lose.

Are we still playing the "only Hearts get injuries" game?

facepalm.jpeg.7562bb71bcbf5eaa1a578f742065774e.jpeg

Might be wrong, but think you have (iirc) by far the largest squad outside of Celtic/Sevco?

Hibs have had - and continue to have - first pick players out injured, or returning while not quite fit - here is a list off the top of my head of players who have either been out so far, and some are still out / doubtful.

Marciano,

Gray, McGregor, Hanlon,

Agypong, Horgan, Boyle, Whittaker

Maclaren,  Kamberi

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Are we still playing the "only Hearts get injuries" game?

facepalm.jpeg.7562bb71bcbf5eaa1a578f742065774e.jpeg

Might be wrong, but think you have (iirc) by far the largest squad outside of Celtic/Sevco?

Hibs have had - and continue to have - first pick players out injured, or returning while not quite fit - here is a list off the top of my head of players who have either been out so far, and some are still out / doubtful.

Marciano,

Gray, McGregor, Hanlon,

Agypong, Horgan, Boyle, Whittaker

Maclaren,  Kamberi

I don't think anybody has claimed that. A strange thing to say.

What I would say is that if you were going to pick a selection of Hearts players you definitely didn't want to be missing, those are exactly the players who are missing. I think it's the specific players who are missing more than the number of them. Of our 'key' players, it's only really Mitchell who will be available. I think any side would be in trouble when losing its two first-pick centre-halves, its two main forwards, and one of the league's best midfielders. The spine of the team is missing, not a few squad players or occasional starters.

Like I said, Hibs won't get a better time to come to Tynecastle than this. But I genuinely believe they'll lose.

9 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Hearts boys surprisingly bouyant after the mauling they just got

There's nothing surprising about Hearts fans consoling themselves after a thrashing with the old standby of 'At least we'll beat Hibs'.

Except when they're beaten BY Hibs, in which case the verbal security blanket is more along the lines of 'At least we're still ahead in derby wins over the last 140 years'.

No advantage here for Hibs. Naismith is actually a good footballer(not a term heard very often down Tynie way) so he will no doubt be replaced by a league 3 reject battering ram nobody has heard of.  Lennon needs to get his tactics right. We can't beat them at their own game so we need to take our game to them and take the battering, fouling, pulling, diving anti footballing tactics Levein has used all his managerial life and hope we have a strong referee. Sack that just read it's Andrew Dallas, we're fucked.....

35 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I don't think anybody has claimed that. A strange thing to say.

What I would say is that if you were going to pick a selection of Hearts players you definitely didn't want to be missing, those are exactly the players who are missing. I think it's the specific players who are missing more than the number of them. Of our 'key' players, it's only really Mitchell who will be available. I think any side would be in trouble when losing its two first-pick centre-halves, its two main forwards, and one of the league's best midfielders. The spine of the team is missing, not a few squad players or occasional starters.

Like I said, Hibs won't get a better time to come to Tynecastle than this. But I genuinely believe they'll lose.

Strange thing to say?

Why - presumably your quote about it being Hibs "best chance at Tynecastle" was related to injuries?

Its the bit in bold above that shows you lack any perspective when it comes to Hearts Hibs respective squads.

Gray, Daz, Hanlon, Maclaren, Kamberi, Boyle - these guys are pretty much our equivalent of what you have described above? They have all been out for much of this season so far.

Fans sometimes only see the injuries when it affects your own team - we all have injuries, and as I said you have a mammoth squad with cover in all positions.

You still think you will win, which is cool, I love it when jambos are confident -  but dont go down the "we will still win despite having XYZ players out and Hibs have a full squad" because that is simply pish.

The Hibs boys back to giving it big licks and the standard warrior poetry. :lol:

Not to worry, lads, when you've been sworded by the Gorgie with our six best players out and you sit 11 points behind the league leaders, you can go back to supporting Celtic again on Saturday.

Archived