• Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Elixir said:

How are Dundee likely to line-up for this? I'd imagine we'll go something like:

Zlamal

Smith Dikamona Dunne Mitchell

Morrison Bozanic Lee Djoum

Naismith MacLean

Not quite sure on the shape exactly but that should be the starting personnel. Haring will probably be kept fresh for the semi-final. Bozanic had a great game against Aberdeen anyway and I like the cut of his jib. Other than his shocker for the penalty, Godinho had a good first game back as well. Smith should come back in, though.

I think we might bring Wighton in for MacLean.  MacLean is needed for Sunday and I think 3 games in a week is a big ask for him, especially with Hibs round the corner as well.

5 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think we might bring Wighton in for MacLean.  MacLean is needed for Sunday and I think 3 games in a week is a big ask for him, especially with Hibs round the corner as well.

Just try and stop him playing at Dens. Last time he scored there he square go'd "the Derry" on his own and gave a GIRUY to each stand one by one.

Think we might make a couple of changes while still being pretty strong tonight.  I'd like to see Mitchell a bit further forward as well, something along the lines of:

Zlamal

Smith Dikamona Dunne Garuccio

Lee       Bozanic

Morrison         Djoum             Mitchell

Naismith

Get an early goal and I think we'll win comfortably, but if Dundee keep it tight early on we might be in for a bit of a scrap.

Don't think I'll ever be confident of Hearts in situations like this, traditionally if a team needs a win we're the ones that slip up.  I genuinely think this team have more about them and think we'll win, but I'm taking nothing for granted.

18 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Don't think I'll ever be confident of Hearts in situations like this, traditionally if a team needs a win we're the ones that slip up.  I genuinely think this team have more about them and think we'll win, but I'm taking nothing for granted.

Virtually every club's fans say this. Accies fans were saying it the other week. Tbf, we did win that one though so BRING IT ON JAMBOS.

0-4.

On 21/10/2018 at 17:14, Tony Wonder said:

How's Macca been doing this season? Has he been a pleasant surprise or just a capable clogger like most Saints players of the last few years?

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

How's Macca been doing this season? Has he been a pleasant surprise or just a capable clogger like most Saints players of the last few years?

Very good IMO.  He's intelligent, makes space for others and can link up with guys like Naismith and Uche very well.   I was a bit underwhelmed when we initially signed him, not because I thought he was rubbish or anything but he was coming up 36, had seemed to have a pretty average season with St Johnstone and I was concerned a 2 year deal was unnecessary, but he's proven nearly everyone wrong and started most of our games and chipped in with a few goals.  Top lad.

Archived