Dundee Vs Hearts - 22/10/18

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a watch of the highlights at lunchtime.

Oh my. Such amazingly bad defending. The first one the wall did f**k all, with Kenny Miller leaving a huge gap that it turned out wasn't needed anyway.

The second was not just getting caught on the ball (and I was a Dundee fan I'd be raging at the complete cowardice the players showed by feigning injury when he lost the ball) but a lack of communication throughout the pitch that ended up with Naismith being unmarked at the back post. Given that the move began in Hearts' half that meant that at least 2 players either didn't track his run or didn't know who they were supposed to be marking.

The MacLean effort was both bizarre and laughable. Had a good chuckle at that. It's almost like he didn't believe it himself. Brilliant.

The third was a result of various errors and all round confusion. The lad who crossed it was being shut down by 3 defenders! Three! This left 2 Hearts players unmarked in the box. That he got in the position to make the pass was comical.

It's obvious just from 4 minutes of highlights that most of the Dundee players don't know what they are doing defensively. By that I don't mean ability wise (that's for the Dundee fans to decide) but in terms of organisation. They don't seem to know who is marking who, where they should be, what to do when various situations occur. The marking and positional thing were evident when Dundee lost 4 goals to set pieces on Saturday.

I had a watch of the highlights at lunchtime. Oh my. Such amazingly bad defending. The first one the wall did f**k all, with Kenny Miller leaving a huge gap that it turned out wasn't needed anyway.

The second was not just getting caught on the ball (and I was a Dundee fan I'd be raging at the complete cowardice the players showed by feigning injury when he lost the ball) but a lack of communication throughout the pitch that ended up with Naismith being unmarked at the back post. Given that the move began in Hearts' half that meant that at least 2 players either didn't track his run or didn't know who they were supposed to be marking.

The MacLean effort was both bizarre and laughable. Had a good chuckle at that. It's almost like he didn't believe it himself. Brilliant.

The third was a result of various errors and all round confusion. The lad who crossed it was being shut down by 3 defenders! Three! This left 2 Hearts players unmarked in the box. That he got in the position to make the pass was comical.

It's obvious just from 4 minutes of highlights that most of the Dundee players don't know what they are doing defensively. By that I don't mean ability wise (that's for the Dundee fans to decide) but in terms of organisation. They don't seem to know who is marking who, where they should be, what to do when various situations occur. The marking and positional thing were evident when Dundee lost 4 goals to set pieces on Saturday.

I keep saying that's it's midfield that are causing the problems - last night was no exception. The constant lack of tracking/blocking/marking the runner is just getting on my tits. 

The contrast with Hearts was stark - when they gave away fouls it was always in the right place - in no position to cause trouble with a subsequent free kick.

5 hours ago, EpicMike said:

You know things are bad when a penalty doesn't even result in a shot on target stat.

:lol:  Got to love the gallows humour.

I am disappointed that none of the Funsters have changed their avatars to McIntyre’s photo.

If this doesn’t change I may do it myself.

:lol:  Got to love the gallows humour.
I am disappointed that none of the Funsters have changed their avatars to McIntyre’s photo.
If this doesn’t change I may do it myself.

You should. You seem to take more of an interest in us than your own team anyway.

25 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

You should. You seem to take more of an interest in us than your own team anyway.

In fairness to you I don’t think you post on the United threads but if your looking for obsession with another team just look at some of your fellow Funsters’ posts on our threads this season.

Mind you these have dried up in the last few weeks; can’t understand why.  :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Only thing worse than the defending for that MacLean effort was Cochrane's dive for the free kick.

Cochrane won a free kick with his dive so I'd say his execution was much better than Dundee's defending.

Archived