Todays scores 20/10

GNU_Linux

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cumnock 5-1 petershill

Scoreline flattered Cumnock and petershill will probably feel on another day they could have took something from this. Cumnock lethal middle to front and terrible at the back. Shout out to the petershill player who probably missed the worst sitter I’ve ever witnessed at townhead when he blasted the ball over the bar with an empty net at his mercy.

Pollok 0-1 Hurlford

Paul McKenzie scored from 25yds to make it 11 wins on the trot for his very impressive Hurlford side.
The visitors were slightly the better team in the 1st half.
Pollok were playing much better after the break, & were looking good, when Taz got on the ball 25yds out, took a touch, & his next touch beat Jordan Longmuir low at his right hand post.
Good win, & performance from Hurlford.
Although Murdie will be disappointed to lose his 1st game in charge, his team played very well.

Pollok 0-1 Hurlford

Paul McKenzie scored from 25yds to make it 11 wins on the trot for his very impressive Hurlford side.
The visitors were slightly the better team in the 1st half.
Pollok were playing much better after the break, & were looking good, when Taz got on the ball 25yds out, took a touch, & his next touch beat Jordan Longmuir low at his right hand post.
Good win, & performance from Hurlford.
Although Murdie will be disappointed to lose his 1st game in charge, his team played very well.

Fair appraisal. Jordan Longmuir had three top saves first half and Ally Brown had an equally magnificent stop late on to protect the lead. I thought Ford were clearly the better side first half, but maybe your neutral view is fairer.

After HT I thought one goal might win it and ironically it came after a sustained spell of Pollok dominance. Great three points for us as I doubt many teams will leave Newlandsfield with a victory.

Neither did we glens so much on top first half then so poor second half gifted buffs at least 2 goals but hey that’s football.

That was certainly a game o 2 halves.buffs so poor n flat 1st half,think a few asses were kicked at half time n subs made a big difference.a very welcome 3 points.

1 hour ago, ex-german exile said:

Fair appraisal. Jordan Longmuir had three top saves first half and Ally Brown had an equally magnificent stop late on to protect the lead. I thought Ford were clearly the better side first half, but maybe your neutral view is fairer.

After HT I thought one goal might win it and ironically it came after a sustained spell of Pollok dominance. Great three points for us as I doubt many teams will leave Newlandsfield with a victory.

Yep Hurlford first half and Lok second.Nothing in it and it was a disappointing goal to lose from a Lok perspective being a half chance which bounced up in front of Jordi but which he should still have saved.Especially after Shaun Fraser headed past when all he had to do was nod into an empty net.Hurlford need reeled in so it’s up to others to get involved in that process!!

Neither did we glens so much on top first half then so poor second half gifted buffs at least 2 goals but hey that’s football.

We ( Afton) have managed to acquire a self destruct button, unfortunately we are using it all too frequently this season. Not for the first time this season we have let a two goal lead slip away. Getting a bit pissed off watching this happen.

37 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

We ( Afton) have managed to acquire a self destruct button, unfortunately we are using it all too frequently this season. Not for the first time this season we have let a two goal lead slip away. Getting a bit pissed off watching this happen.

Got to agree it was hard to see the glens getting beat Fay 3 1 up today, but sometimes fitba is cruel and hings don't go yer way.  Few individual errors cost us today. But give the buffs some credit to go for it 

6 hours ago, Bawrash1 said:

Cumnock 5-1 petershill

Scoreline flattered Cumnock and petershill will probably feel on another day they could have took something from this. Cumnock lethal middle to front and terrible at the back. Shout out to the petershill player who probably missed the worst sitter I’ve ever witnessed at townhead when he blasted the ball over the bar with an empty net at his mercy.

Yep, how Luke missed that one only he knows. Then a minute later his brother David had an effort that hit the left hand post, ran along the line and hit the other post, and would have hit the left hand post again had Semple not dived on it right on the line. We created as many good chances but couldn't take them, where Cumnock were clinical. 

21 hours ago, cammymo said:
On 10/20/2018 at 17:38, Den Spark said:
Lochee United 2 (McComiskie, Webster) Forfar West End 2 (Bell, Montgomery). First league points dropped by Lochee.

Robertson scored 1st goal for West End not Bell

Correct. I was told Bell had number 3 squad number, hence the mix-up.

Archived