QP vs Connahs Quay

bridgeofweirdo

Road our luck early on and edged ourselves into it by halftime. Apart from our goal we didnt offer much second half. Gave away possession too softly and in bad areas and in the end that was a factor in losing the tie. Nomads were a big strong physical side and naturally we struggled to match that. The ref was far too lenient which only encouraged them to persist with the dark arts. The outrageous dive down near the touchline was astonishing as was the refs decision to buy it. I hope our coach learned a lot from this game as there was a lot of pointers. Their 7 constantly had a yard on Summers but similarly our wide men struggled. There was chaos every time the ball came into our box unless Gerry got on the end of it. Perhaps this level of opponent was a step up to high for Dom. I'm also hoping at this weeks training Mark starts looking for a long throw guy as this could be useful at our level rather than persisting with throwing up the line and losing possession. Lastly, a positive a smashing well taken goal that i am sure Lewis will have savoured.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd echo @Ross Forbes in saying how disappointed I am this mob are still in it. possibly the horriblest team I've ever seen at TFS with a vile oaf of a manager and an absolute twat of an assistant. Only time I've ever seen anyone from the crowd make moves to get into the technical area and the only time I've ever seen security guys form a ring around the away dugout.

Sincerely hope Ro$$ County shag them senseless in front of a crowd of zero which bankrupts them.

That was brutal foootball but it's working for the Nomads, so fair enough. Every Nomads challenge seemed to be preceded by a push in the back; surely the referee doesn't let that go in the league he officiates in?

We could have been dead and buried by half time but came back strongly. We didn't play the football that has been so attractive recently but it was a challenging evening. The effort was there but their full time status told.

People complain about anodyne interviews so it was refreshing to hear the views of the QP camp.

It's been a great journey in this cup; thoroughly enjoyed it. Gutted to have missed out on a potential Guinness frenzy in Dublin against Bohemians.

Of particular note was the way they sussed that Gerry was winning everything that came his way in the box so they started fouling him as he went for the ball in the hope the ref would miss it. #anti-football. Hope they get pumped in their next game.

Archived