QP vs Connahs Quay

bridgeofweirdo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good coverage from Alba as ever. I thought QP were going to be blown away in the first quarter but they somehow managed to survive and look capable of nicking a goal. Big Gerry is a belter, playing with a smile on his face throughout...

Didn't feel we did ourselves justice last night, bullied most of the night. We have a very young team and although we wont come up against that sort of team every week, lessons will have been learned. Thanks to our Dumbarton friend knew what to expect from them, difficult to tell what sort of standard they are? because there so much nonsense but surely they cant win the thing?

On 15/11/2018 at 18:28, PASSANDMOVE said:

What sort of standard of team are our Welsh friends? Scottish Championship?

Well, you saw no doubt... but for me, top of the Welsh League is probably on a par with a good League 1 (third tier) side in Scotland, thanks largely to Champions League & UEFA Cup money. Connahs quay are a pretty well run club and will most likely go professional in the next year or two.  At the other end of the WPL, teams are probably around lowland League standard.

36 minutes ago, algy said:

Well, you saw no doubt... but for me, top of the Welsh League is probably on a par with a good League 1 (third tier) side in Scotland, thanks largely to Champions League & UEFA Cup money. Connahs quay are a pretty well run club and will most likely go professional in the next year or two.  At the other end of the WPL, teams are probably around lowland League standard.

Even with the 10 full-timers they have just now, they looked to have the edge on Queens in terms of fitness and that told as the game wore on. Connah's Quay are a big, physical side but there was definite quality in there too. Bakare up front has been around the block and back but was a real threat in first half hour. The laddie with the long throws will have David Martindale on the phone this morning.

1 hour ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

Didn't feel we did ourselves justice last night, bullied most of the night. We have a very young team and although we wont come up against that sort of team every week, lessons will have been learned. Thanks to our Dumbarton friend knew what to expect from them, difficult to tell what sort of standard they are? because there so much nonsense but surely they cant win the thing?

I felt real sympathy for Jordan Hart at the end. That's pretty much exactly how I left our game with them, but we won!

Let him know that I'm always up for a seething rant about them if he needs to get it off his chest. It's quite therapeutic actually. In shameless self-promotion time, I went off on one on the wee podcast I'm doing at Uni yesterday - about 28 minutes in.

20 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I felt real sympathy for Jordan Hart at the end. That's pretty much exactly how I left our game with them, but we won!

Let him know that I'm always up for a seething rant about them if he needs to get it off his chest. It's quite therapeutic actually. In shameless self-promotion time, I went off on one on the wee podcast I'm doing at Uni yesterday - about 28 minutes in.

lol Good listen. I should say, well played Jordan last night and well said in interview afterwards.

Archived