QP vs Connahs Quay

bridgeofweirdo

Opportunity to see the team we've already seen off against the team we're about to see off!. S4C tomorrow Saturday 20th.

Live coverage of the JD Welsh Premier League football match between The New Saints and Connah's Quay, from Park Hall. It's the Saints who have ruled in recent years but Connah's Quay is a huge threat this season. After winning the last match between the two clubs, the Nomads hope to repeat the feat at the champions' stomping ground. Join the Sgorio crew to witness changes on the horizon in the League. English soundtrack available. Kick off 7.45.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to this. Was hoping it would be the Saturday night to avoid the stress and pain of watching Scotland but not to be. I wonder how many fans will travel up from Wales on a Friday, considering they only average a couple of hundred for home games.

Bit of a no-brainer but same team as the Peterhead game for me ( if McLaren is only suspended for the next league game) Tough game obviously but we've been here before and the players are so full of confidence at the moment

Two free hits in the next couple of weeks. Not games we’d be expected to win on paper, but the same could have been said of TNS. Hopefully a couple of performances to keep confidence high and if we win it’s a bonus. Not one that’ll define our season, but keeping momentum is important for the league. 

On 11/13/2018 at 12:20, Mick1867 said:

Looking forward to this. Was hoping it would be the Saturday night to avoid the stress and pain of watching Scotland but not to be. I wonder how many fans will travel up from Wales on a Friday, considering they only average a couple of hundred for home games.

At least for me, it's pretty much impossible with it being on a Friday.   Would've likely come up for a Saturday/Sunday fixture, but Friday evening's a wee bit too tricky to get up for.

Best of luck tomorrow, by the way - QP are a great football club in every sense of the word.

5 hours ago, algy said:

At least for me, it's pretty much impossible with it being on a Friday.   Would've likely come up for a Saturday/Sunday fixture, but Friday evening's a wee bit too tricky to get up for.

Best of luck tomorrow, by the way - QP are a great football club in every sense of the word.

What sort of standard of team are our Welsh friends? Scottish Championship?

They have a new coach too, signed just a week after Marko. His first game was TNS drubbing. 
 image.png.7d167d8765702cb63dc3494fad83c82b.png
Watched a bit of the TNS game on TV 3-0 flattered TNS tbh
Strong team big centre forward should be good contest with Gerry and their captain in midfield was excellent
We’ve nothing to lose tho as others have said so more of the same please Marko

Good luck lads. I posted this on the Falkirk thread when they played CQ.

The whole of Dumbarton are behind you.

On 8/16/2018 at 20:18, Ross Forbes said:

I would like to retract my comment from the other day wishing you misery.

I hope that you show no remorse in pumping the Nomads so badly they actually cease to exist as a football team. A truly wretched side of hatchetmen who spent the entire game against us hammering into downright dangerous tackles and 'deploying their European tactics', which seemed to consist of their goalkeeper taking a free-kick on halfway with four defenders behind him, and a four minute (!) delay before taking a free-kick in a good position.

Debut man Froxy broke their pathetic little hearts in the final minute of his debut, only for their torn-faced manager to give one of the saltiest post-match interviews of all time, and claim he knew the quality Froxy had from set-pieces - despite that being his first game in British football. They then missed their train home, which went down extremely well with our fans.

It was the only time I've ever seen our support stay behind to abuse the opposition off the park.

The match thread from our game is here - it's a good laugh if you've got some time to kill.

Absolutely buzzin for this. We're playing decent football and I'm really enjoying watching the team. Gus signed up an excellent squad and Marko seems to have found a winning combination.

There was a confidence running through the team on Saturday and the victory was fully deserved.

Hopefully we get a decent crowd along tonight and a win would be a big bonus.

Keep the Faith.. at all times.

Archived