What events in Scottish football do you wish we had P+B around for?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Didn't Bob Duvall direct or produce it as well as star in it?  How fucking embarrassing, an academy award winner acting as badly and putting on an accent as woeful as that, Brigadoon was less cringeworthy.  McCoist was the best actor in it.*

There would have been a fair few stories around.  I remember a fair bit of it was filmed in Fife, and Raith Rovers staff were involved. I'm pretty sure their manager at the time got sacked cos he was far too wrapped up in it all and wasn't taking his job seriously enough. I also heard a story that they had to do loads of takes of Andy Smith (Dunfermline) taking penalties as he couldn't hit the target and kept skying them all!

* shot at glory, not brigadoon

John McVeigh?

18 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Was it not for the funeral this game was cancelled?  I'm sure we were due to play Motherwell the day she died and that got called off as well.

Now, if only Prince Philip could cark it before the next Scotland game... 

On 18/10/2018 at 23:02, Dindeleux said:

The Bonetti thread and a couple of comments on the Dundee thread got me thinking about some of the incidents/events during my time watching Scottish football that I would’ve loved to have watched the fallout unfold on this site. I’ve only listed a few but I’m sure everyone will have their personal preference:

The Bonetti era and subsequent Dundee meltdown - this would’ve been fantastic and I guess would’ve covered a good 2 or 3 year period. All of the Dees bravado at the start being brought back to haunt them by a 40-something year old Granny Danger when the shit went down.

The Motherwell administration - the first big financial crisis to hit Scottish football in many a year.

Rangers losing 10-in-a-row against Kilmarnock - potential to be the greatest match thread ever.

This week : https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-scotlands-crazy-week-1363295.html

Kilmarnock winning the Scottish Cup.

Us being crowned champs in 1965. The jealousy from Dundee and St Mirren fans  would be gold

Just now, NFL12 said:

Us being crowned champs in 1965. The jealousy from Dundee and St Mirren fans  would be gold

:huh:

We were nowhere near winning it that season, and had won it ourselves a three years before. Indeed we directly contributed to the 65 win by massacring Hearts 7-1 at Tynecastle a few weeks before. 

On 19/10/2018 at 19:46, Elixir said:

Wonder what this place was like when we booed that sham of a minute's silence for the Pope snuffing it. titter.png

Everyone and their dog knew that there was no way that silence was going to be respected by all Hearts fans. Despite this Celtic still lobbied the for the silence to go ahead.

The whole episode was fecking ridiculous. 

On 19/10/2018 at 22:57, Dindeleux said:

Talking about boats - was it not rumoured on here a few years ago that some old Rangers (RIP/Haha) manager killed his assistant manager by throwing  him off a boat?  That would've been a good thread.

Are you getting mixed up with Phil Collins here?

On 10/19/2018 at 22:57, Dindeleux said:

Talking about boats - was it not rumoured on here a few years ago that some old Rangers (RIP/Haha) manager killed his assistant manager by throwing  him off a boat?  That would've been a good thread.

Other way around. The legendary Rangers manager Bill Struth got his job when the previous incumbent had a drowning accident while fishing, in a boat, with Struth as the only witness.

6 hours ago, boomboomyards said:

Fergie leaving St Mirren to go to Aberdeen would have been interesting, plenty of heads gone.

Except that never happened.

St Mirren sacked him.

Archived