What events in Scottish football do you wish we had P+B around for?

The Bonetti thread and a couple of comments on the Dundee thread got me thinking about some of the incidents/events during my time watching Scottish football that I would’ve loved to have watched the fallout unfold on this site. I’ve only listed a few but I’m sure everyone will have their personal preference:

The Bonetti era and subsequent Dundee meltdown - this would’ve been fantastic and I guess would’ve covered a good 2 or 3 year period. All of the Dees bravado at the start being brought back to haunt them by a 40-something year old Granny Danger when the shit went down.

The Motherwell administration - the first big financial crisis to hit Scottish football in many a year.

Rangers losing 10-in-a-row against Kilmarnock - potential to be the greatest match thread ever.

This week : https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-scotlands-crazy-week-1363295.html

Kilmarnock winning the Scottish Cup.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Moomintroll

England v Scotland in 1967 would have just been a thread of every single person on the site waiting on their turn to comment "SCENES"

If you go back to the start of the current Livingston thread it covers the era with that Italian guy but a Livi thread from the start of their time in Division 3 pretty much right through to today would’ve been a great record of what has been a mental 20 odd years for the club under that name. Even the very start of the thread with the Meadowbank name change would’ve been a good read.

Also - Steve Archibalds Airdrie/eventual Clydenank takeover (I would guess we would’ve actually been getting punch ups arranged on here) and Anelka at Raith would’ve been class.

Ian Durrant getting his knee done at Pittodrie. 

We would have probably witnessed the progress of a young Kincardine from normal bigot to alcoholic bigot in the weeks and months that followed.

Aberdeen avoiding relegation twice in the 1990s. 

In 1995 they finished 2nd bottom, which was an automatic relegation spot, however the league magically ‘invented’ playoffs weeks priors. And again in 2000 when they finished bottom, but Falkirk’s ground wasn’t deemed big enough. 

The outrage and smug retorts from the Dons would have been fascinating.  

Wallace Mercer's attempt to buy Hibs.

Raith winning the Coca Cola Cup.

France 98 

Euro 96.

The Inverness merger.

Jim McLean punching John Barnes.

Celtic under the John Barnes, especially the cup defeat to ICT.

Clydebank's last season.

Airdrie dying.

Falkirk being denied promotion because of Brockville. 

Aberdeen finishing bottom of the SPL.

The formation of the SPL.

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The Mark Walters episode would've outed a fair few on here. As would Justin Fashanu. 

Tartan Army thread would’ve been interesting following the treatment of Viv Anderson and John Barnes by the Tartan Army back in the 80s...

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

The Bonetti thread and a couple of comments on the Dundee thread got me thinking about some of the incidents/events during my time watching Scottish football that I would’ve loved to have watched the fallout unfold on this site. I’ve only listed a few but I’m sure everyone will have their personal preference:

The Bonetti era and subsequent Dundee meltdown - this would’ve been fantastic and I guess would’ve covered a good 2 or 3 year period. All of the Dees bravado at the start being brought back to haunt them by a 40-something year old Granny Danger when the shit went down.

The Motherwell administration - the first big financial crisis to hit Scottish football in many a year.

Rangers losing 10-in-a-row against Kilmarnock - potential to be the greatest match thread ever.

This week : https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-scotlands-crazy-week-1363295.html

Kilmarnock winning the Scottish Cup.

:lol:

Archived