Pollok

southerner

4 hours ago, Shanner said:

Quite like Tony but this isn't a massive surprise. His tenure had it's moments but they never put up a convincing challenge for the major competitions. 

IMO it’s more we never kicked on from an initial good start.

Writing  off his first 5 months as we were in relegation trouble when he took over, we then successfully returned to the top league winning the league and ET cup and a 1/4s in Scottish losing to Hurlford

The next full year we reached the Scottish final and won a league cup.

However since then, despite building an excellent squad we never seemed to get the most out of these players. 

We have good periods, like towards the end of last season, but never over the full 12

Then this season we have been generally poor, all being it picked up some points recently - but have let some good players go and not replaced them so some inbalance in the squad. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Tony walked or was there a reason the club moved him on?

Like Tony but it just seemed we never quite got there-nearly but not quite!Very good squads but not consistent enough over the piece.And then really bizarre transfer moves in the close season which haven’t improved on what we had including losing our key player in McLuskey.

tony stated publically on video recording that the lok would be his last (junior ) job

as anything else would be a backward step   

his words not mine     put quite a bit of his own money into the club as well so i'm informed

27 minutes ago, The1andonly said:

This has got to be the worst decision Pollok have made no harm meant to McKinnon but where is pollocks ambition am I right in thinking only club he has managed was Blantyre and that didn’t work out very well 

The guy's 39, has 10 years of Junior coaching experience and has been with Lok ever since leaving Vics.

21 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The guy's 39, has 10 years of Junior coaching experience and has been with Lok ever since leaving Vics.

Coaching and managing are two different animals don’t know much about him other than he has spent if what you say is correct 9 years coaching and 1 year as a manager at a club in a lower division can’t think this is what the pollock support were expecting but in saying that I would like to wish Mr Mikkinon all the best 

2 minutes ago, The1andonly said:

Coaching and managing are two different animals don’t know much about him other than he has spent if what you say is correct 9 years coaching and 1 year as a manager at a club in a lower division can’t think this is what the pollock support were expecting but in saying that I would like to wish Mr Mikkinon all the best 

Afaik, he has a good rep among the support so will have to wait and see how it pans out. Even our most successful manager this century started off as a No 2 in the Juniors and got his move into Junior management at a similar age.

1 hour ago, nicotina said:

tony stated publically on video recording that the lok would be his last (junior ) job

as anything else would be a backward step   

his words not mine     put quite a bit of his own money into the club as well so i'm informed

I don’t believe he put his own money in, was told that wasn’t the case at all. 

Good luck to Murdie, & his lads. Nice easy start to his new job with tomorrow’s visit of 10 games in a row winners, Hurlford.

Bad news for him is,they are scoring just over 3 goals a game.

I fancy Pollok to keep all 3 points at Newlandsfield with a good performance.

Good appointment by the Committee, well done.

Archived