Good luck in the senior Scottish

southerner

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we do get through next week surely it would be some sort of record miles travelled over three rounds in the Scottish, Wick, Cove , Fraserburgh !
Couple of years ago Linlithgow were away to Gala, Inverness Clach, Wick (twice), Forfar (twice) and Ross County. Few miles there as well.

Would it make financial sense for Beith to switch tie to Somerset,is that even an option?I dont think playing at home would give Beith a huge advantage anyway,but playing in a cracking atmosphere at Ayr might lift the Beith players game along with the thousands of mighty followers that are sure to have a wee trip to the seaside.

1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Would it make financial sense for Beith to switch tie to Somerset,is that even an option?I dont think playing at home would give Beith a huge advantage anyway,but playing in a cracking atmosphere at Ayr might lift the Beith players game along with the thousands of mighty followers that are sure to have a wee trip to the seaside.

think it would need to be a neutral venue like EK and Albion Rovers did recently by using Airdrie  when playing Celtic. Personally I'd keep the home advantage as it adds to the intrigue of the tie.

Huge advantage to Beith with the slope, which would be neutralised by playing away. They're going to need all the help they can get against such a decent side as Ayr are currently, so home tie is a must.

On 19/10/2018 at 20:31, Shanner said:

is it a particularly poor surface or are you just opposed to artificial surfaces in general?

Cove's pitch is as bad an artificial surface I've seen since the days of skin-burning carpet. Like Livi's, but a bit worse. And I'm not against artificial pitches at all, I've been a fan of Killie's (which has seen better days and is getting replaced in the summer).

Why would we want to give away home advantage 🤷🏻‍♂️.
I’m sure Bellsdale will be just fine for this tie.

think it would need to be a neutral venue like EK and Albion Rovers did recently by using Airdrie  when playing Celtic. Personally I'd keep the home advantage as it adds to the intrigue of the tie.

Think the SFA have put a stop to this after Bonnyrigg’s game vs Hibs. I may be wrong.

Although the small ground capacity at Beith means that possibly more money would have been made by going to Ayr(if permitted) the chance to use home advantage in a tight small ground with fans close to the action and the huge slope must be something which Beith can use to their advantage.

Archived